Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just washing my bike and saw that one of my Ti exhaust hangers has broken just at the top of one of the welds. As you're looking at it from the side it is the left tube that broke loose. Does this look like something that can be welded?? If so, what type of welding equipment will it take? No, I'm not thinking of doing it myself, I just want to know what to look for when I start calling around.

Thanks,
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Crap I broke it...can it be welded??? (mcoomer)

Call Titanium Sports in Kennewick WA. 509-586-6117

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (greyhound)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by greyhound »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you happen to purchase it from Dan? If so I bet he will replace it for you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditto, if that is a Sato piece, I am sure they will take acre of it with little to no questions asked. Was this piece ever crashed?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (ebnash)

Yes, Ti can be welded. I believe it has to be welded in an environment of argon gas (no oxygen), in a booth - or at least that what my fabricator said.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Manu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manu »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nothing you can't fix with duct tape
</TD></TR></TABLE>

"If it moves and it shouldn't you need some ductape, if it doesn't move and it should you need some WD-40"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Mike, also replied on the other forum. If you are usintg this on the street, I'd go to a steel or aluminum bracket.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats crappy welding. Notice how clean the break is. If it was welded correctly the chunk would be mor jagged. Sato should setup a hotline for all the defective stuff they put out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts