1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cosentino Engineering 600cc V4 Moto2 Project Made in the USA

by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider" on 1/12/2011

Cosentino V4 Moto2 project design

Chris Consentino is building a Moto2 bike based around a 600cc V4 engine, built from scratch, along with a new frame, girder front suspension, swingarm and everything else. Of course, there's a problem, Moto2 rule makers decided to go with a single spec engine provided by Honda, great for Honda, not so great for the innovation you might have if the rules allowed competing engines. Chris decided to go ahead with the project anyway and what he has accomplished already is really some beautiful work. Looks like it will be a road bike instead of a racer, unless the Moto2 folks decide to let innovation back into the race. (Anyone know if this may change?)

Cosentino V4 Moto2 project design

Chris has an extensive progress report with photos on his blog, detailing the design of the bike and engine, the initial casting and machining, the various parts and pieces he'll be using, it's great to see someone moving ahead like this. He's assembled a team of people including Kolb Machine Inc., Crye Associates, TPI Arcade/Harmony Castings and Celtic Racing to make this entire project come together. You'll also notice in one photo below the books on his shelf, John Britten, Tony Foale, all the usual suspects.

Cosentino V4 Moto2 engine

A made in the USA V4 powered motorcycle, with everything built from scratch, hmm,... that's getting to be a trend, and I like it, a lot!
Thanks, Doug, for pointing out this link which I didn't notice and thanks to John B. for putting that link in there in the first place. It just shows there's a lot of great work going on out there under the radar which needs more attention brought to it. I hope this helps.

Link: Cosentino Engineering
Link: Chris' Moto2 project blog

Cosentino V4 Moto2 chassis castings

Cosentino V4 Moto2 crankshafts after initial machining

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
It's nice to see somebody build a new bike, but why try to tie it to Moto2 when it has nothing to do with Moto2? It's like building a twin-turbo Mustang and saying you built it for NASCAR.
:wtf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts