Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One guy has 2 world championships with 2 different brands and one AMA and the other just AMA stuff and horrible appearances in GP .. But he has over 2000 votes that he is going to win a battle against Troy~~

Some people smoke a lot of crack/coke before they vote on a poll...:wacky :banghead

poll on www.superbikeplanet.com

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
so they are all wrong and you are right?!
there is no way to properly argue for either side on that question. Only personal opinions. Just because one guy is in an inferior series doesn't make HIM inferior.
The truth is that until they square off, there is no way you can convince me with ANY logic why either one of those guys is better than the other, there is nothing to base any argument on other than one of them happens to be a part of a higher quality series, in some peoples opinions at that.

by how much of a margin is WSBK better than AMA, is that margin big enough for Corser to maintain an edge on Mladin considering how much of a margin he has on the rest of the AMA field?

·
Registered
78 Posts
You are always right! Someone needs to tell Suzuki and HRC they have hired some real chumps to ride for them!

Ask Neil Hodgson what he thinks...he has ridden with both.

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
So how come a World Superbike Champion (with a year's experience in :notworthy MotoGP :notworthy to boot) just got his ass handed to him by a bunch of lowly AMA hacks?

·
Thud
1,436 Posts
Some low-lifes that came from the scum-bucket AMA Superbike series:

Troy Bayliss
Scott Russell
Eddie Lawson
Wayne Rainey
Kevin Schwantz
Troy Corser (how ironic)

There are others but this should be enough.

BTW, I pick Mladin. He developed the current GSXR and, aside from that, Corser would crack under the pressure.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Let me start off by saying that I am not a Matt Mladin fan. Mladin is the classic case of the “Big Fish in Little Pond” scenario. How can I respect a guy who has not moved up to the next level in racing? Let’s say I was a professional baseball player and was the best player in AAA. Would you want to stay in the Minor Leagues, or would want to make the next leap to the Major Leagues. Corser has raced against all of the legends of Superbike racing (when they were in their prime). Mladin either catches them at the beginning or the end of their careers.

I’ll ask a second question. If Mladin is so good, where are all the HUGE factory money offers to get him in Moto GP? That is the ultimate series for the ultimate riders.

The guy is a good rider in a small series. He knows all the tracks like the back of his hand. I just can’t respect a guy who would not move up to the next level. Why do people talk about him like he is a god. Oh by the way you throw Duhamel in there also.

·
Registered
71 Posts
RI749 said:
Let me start off by saying that I am not a Matt Mladin fan. Mladin is the classic case of the “Big Fish in Little Pond” scenario. How can I respect a guy who has not moved up to the next level in racing? Let’s say I was a professional baseball player and was the best player in AAA. Would you want to stay in the Minor Leagues, or would want to make the next leap to the Major Leagues. Corser has raced against all of the legends of Superbike racing (when they were in their prime). Mladin either catches them at the beginning or the end of their careers.

Do you have a clue what you are talking about? I too am not much of a Mladin fan. In fact, I used to loath him. But his on track prowess has gained my respect. You obviously don't know how moto gp works. Unless you are god on two wheels, you won't get a factory ride unless you have the right ethnicity or cheekbones. If a quality team offered mat a good contract for multiple years, I bet he would take it. I think he would wax a few complacent riders. Luckily they're starting to put new blood in moto gp. It’s time for a few guys to move on. mat is a bad ass. But he is getting long in the tooth. He has a wife and kid. Like corser, he's not going to stick his neck out. That being said, I hope pedrosa can't cut it in moto gp. I want to think a peewee can't ride a big boy bike. He’s a lot smaller than the diminutive Capirossi.

·
Registered
921 Posts
In my humble opinion, at least this year..they are both on a far superior machine..Not far superior in stock form..but both Suzuki AMA and World superbike teams have an awesome bike. That said..I still believe a motot rider is 80% of the equation.
Troy Corser is a former World Superbike winner, he won his 1st title among people I actually liked and had a lot more respect for.But that a personal issue.
Some may argue that his first title was won among better crowd..but I wont..
Mladin, on the other hand, IS a big fish in a little pond..BUT who cares..There is no Universal gauge to weigh these guys..hell they are not the same every weekend..Everytime you make an infinite variable machine like a MAN 80% of any equation he is not going to be the same all the time, that said..he is extremely talented and he just never got lucky in the big league nor was he ever with a good team for long enough time,
BUT, now he is in AMA and kickin ass... Yes he is talented, may be more so than most of the field, he is on a machine which has an edge over the competition..thats not all it takes..Look at Anthony Gobert..He was prob the most Talented guy in the field including Nicky and Mladin..but he blew it..and I dont think it was the Marijuana or whatever..He just couldnt put it all together...
You can see it in every form of racing..guys who have bunch of natural talent but cant put it together..
Now, we will NEVER be able to weigh Troy and Mladin until they were on the same team with the same bike , weekend after weekend...
We all know where Troy is in the food chain..
So the question remains, is Mladin a World class rider...I guess we will never know...

·
Registered
427 Posts
"I too am not much of a Mladin fan. In fact, I used to loath him."

You sound like the president of his fan club. If you want to be called the best at something, you have to be doing it in the top league. I have a lot of friends who live in Italy, they don't even know who the hell Matt Mladin is. That should tell you something in this day of media coverage. People are comparing him to a two time WSBK champ. A household name all over the world.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
drsus said:
so they are all wrong and you are right?!
there is no way to properly argue for either side on that question. Only personal opinions. Just because one guy is in an inferior series doesn't make HIM inferior.
The truth is that until they square off, there is no way you can convince me with ANY logic why either one of those guys is better than the other, there is nothing to base any argument on other than one of them happens to be a part of a higher quality series, in some peoples opinions at that.

by how much of a margin is WSBK better than AMA, is that margin big enough for Corser to maintain an edge on Mladin considering how much of a margin he has on the rest of the AMA field?
Troy won a championship against Fogarty etc he won races riding an Aprilia and tried GP500 racing after his world championship and now ride the crap of his GSXR... what Mladin did ? 5 AMA championships? Way to go Matt, but would be funny to hear all of you bitching about him staying in US..;)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mashuri said:
Some low-lifes that came from the scum-bucket AMA Superbike series:

Troy Bayliss
Scott Russell
Eddie Lawson
Wayne Rainey
Kevin Schwantz
Troy Corser (how ironic)

There are others but this should be enough.

BTW, I pick Mladin. He developed the current GSXR and, aside from that, Corser would crack under the pressure.
my point exactly all the names above moved and proved that they can win more than AMA WTF Mladin proved? GPs,SBKs SS? Nope.. Troy Corser won races aboard the RSV1000 ,Ducati 916 and GSXR in world and AMA level

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
Matt is highly talented and has very good bike set up skills to allow his team to set up a bike that is allways very good. Matts largest weakness is his inability to scrap. Nicky said that Matt was always trying to play head games and that cracked him up, because if you could get real close to him in a race and make him "work" he would crack and fall off the pace. This year the only bikes on the grid that had a chance to really offer any serious competition came from the team itself. When Spies stepped up and actually put a pass on Matt it shook him up and he fought back and actually made a very rare mistake. Spies wins Matt goes off on how his young team mate is a thug and should learn to make clean passes:wtf

I respect talent and Matt has boat loads of it. He is also a clever fella and likes to get in his competitions "heads" and that works for him or at least seems to. Matt has a piss poor public image and that is his own creation. He seems to enjoy being the moody bad guy. What ever. I just don't like him. I am sure that he loses alot of sleep over that fact:rolleyes:

Troy Corser, Well that man has the skills to pay the bills, he also is a genuine great ambassador of our sport. Always cheerful and accomadating with very good relationships with most of competitors. You don't hear many racers saying anything but nice comments about Troy.

Head to head on equal equipment I would say it would be a damn close race between them. I would still be the guy rooting for Troy:woot:

·
Thud
1,436 Posts
Giannis said:
my point exactly all the names above moved and proved that they can win more than AMA WTF Mladin proved? GPs,SBKs SS? Nope.. Troy Corser won races aboard the RSV1000 ,Ducati 916 and GSXR in world and AMA level
That's the point everyone is trying to make. Nobody really knows unless Mat moves up or Troy comes to AMA. The list I provided proves that people who do well in AMA certainly can move on and do well in World level racing, including some of the best ever (Rainey, Lawson, etc.) Mat has the best bike now but he won championships on the weaker 750 against superior 1,000cc twins. All other things being equal, I still pick Mat. Both those riders have a problem with close scrapping but I think Mat still has more fortitude.

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
banda said:
I voted Mladin for one simple reason: I read the actual question...
Hey, hey! No one said you could use LOGIC and REASON in this debate!

No, you HAVE to go by Giannis' Law:

MotoGP > 250GP > World Superbike > AMA Superbike > Pond Scum

It's a simple equation. Learn it. Know it. Live it.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
AZ Scott said:
Giannis' Law:

MotoGP > 250GP > World Superbike > AMA Superbike > Pond Scum

It's a simple equation. Learn it. Know it. Live it.
... and Love it! Well said. :clapper

Wait, I think 125GP slots in somewhere between 250GP and AMA Superbike. :woot:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts