Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Cornering (slyde)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slyde »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why isn't this bike low siding?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because VDB is riding it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Cornering (Dave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Because VDB is riding it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Cornering (Gerg)

OK, OK, seriously.

How can that bike reach such a low angle without sliding out from underneath the rider?

Magic tires?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (bigbank88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigbank88 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">michelin race slicks, they hook up really well!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
That, technique, and a seriously light bike(compared to sportbikes)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (stk0308)

I drag the pegs on my YZ426 in fast flat corners, and my bike is only lowered an inch front and rear. I see other amateur riders doing it much more than I do in every dry race. In the fast, flat out turn one at Briggs & Stratton at Road America, I snick the right footpeg with the throttle wide open at over 80 mph. Race tires have a different profile and compound from street tires... you can get away with a lot more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Cornering (slyde)

If I dragged my foot peg, I'd probably drag my knee followed by my arm, then my head.

Somebody give me a set of slicks, I'll go try it and see what happens.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Cornering (Eric Landstrom)

I mounted up some sliders on my footpegs, so now I have to scrape the pegs to break them in. It's like having fresh pucks on your leathers, it just looks like you're a poser.

BTW, the only scuffs on my knee pucks were from sliding across the track sans bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Not sure about KTMs but Yamahas scrape the pegs too much. Yamaha mounts the pegs too low on the frame compared to Honda.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Cornering (MotoGreg)

With a lowered bike you don't have to try very hard to drag the pegs. At 80mph... I'd probably rather stay upright though.

What VDB is doing just makes me sick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I'm going to go with "magic tires," myself.

With some magic beans and a set of those magic tires, I could do that, I know I could!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (Predius)

hello!
taking angle.... last summer i'ved learn how to drift with Stephan Blot the former champion of France in 450 at m?glisse in Qu?c... on the picture he show my foot peg drag mark...on the bike the worst tire mt60 front & tx 25 rear lollllll

1 - 17 of 17 Posts