Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:twocents :twocents Well as fate would have it I got pulled over yesterday. Yup one of Arlington county VA's finest. Young lad gets out and starts toward the bike. He raised his hand and said its no big deal but everyone knows what an unmarked is and looks like. They were waiting for me to do some thing. Then says I am just going to give ya a warning. He then proclaims to own an an R6 and say I can't believe you stopped. Now its important to note that the bike has a laser jammer and a passport 8500 radar detector. Which only the detector is really noticable. In VA this is illegal even if its off. I thought if it were off I was in good shape but hes young so.... Now I got stopped because of two things. Neither are the common for me to do. First was a lil wheelie about 1 foot high and the next was that yellow light or was it red. Anyway it wasn't GREEN and i was just clearing the intersection. See traffic just started to move and the light was changing and I wanted away from DC at 4PM. So this young cop comes back after writting a novel in his car and gives me my permit and says be safe. I thought I was gettin one for sure.
Just thought I'd share some good fortune when all seems grim.

·
Registered
258 Posts
he gave him a permit to do small wheelies and run red lights!!!:p

Permit as in gave him back his drivers lic. :rolleyes:

·
Reverse Bodylift of Death
989 Posts

EvilTwin-05 said:
So this young cop comes back after writting a novel in his car and gives me my permit and says be safe. I thought I was gettin one for sure.
Just thought I'd share some good fortune when all seems grim.

I opened it up on the freeway going to work the other day...got to an indicated 155 then backed off... a few seconds later a Livonia PD (suburb of detroit) was on my ass with lights AND sirens. So I pull over. First thing I hear is him do calling for back up...then the cuffs come out and I'm ordered to interlock my fingers behind my head... by now the idea of the 80 over ticket is leaving my thoughts and being replaced with the reality of being arrested for fleeing the police in the 1st degree (meaning: in a motor vehicle). Yall are gonna hate me for this next part... While being patted down prior to hand cuffs I informed the officer I was on my way to work and that I am a Wayne County Sheriff's Deputy. At which time he ended his pat down, canceled his back up and once he verified my statment with my ID he handed it back and told me to be safe at work ... Just sharing my good fortune too... cop or not, It's always scary being pulled over when you know you screwed up, and I was shittin bricks when the cuffs came out! LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
SIZMTRZ said:
I opened it up on the freeway going to work the other day...got to an indicated 155 then backed off... a few seconds later a Livonia PD (suburb of detroit) was on my ass with lights AND sirens. So I pull over. First thing I hear is him do calling for back up...then the cuffs come out and I'm ordered to interlock my fingers behind my head... by now the idea of the 80 over ticket is leaving my thoughts and being replaced with the reality of being arrested for fleeing the police in the 1st degree (meaning: in a motor vehicle). Yall are gonna hate me for this next part... While being patted down prior to hand cuffs I informed the officer I was on my way to work and that I am a Wayne County Sheriff's Deputy. At which time he ended his pat down, canceled his back up and once he verified my statment with my ID he handed it back and told me to be safe at work ... Just sharing my good fortune too... cop or not, It's always scary being pulled over when you know you screwed up, and I was shittin bricks when the cuffs came out! LOL
I usually ride 5 under the speed limit in Livonia. They're everywhere (especially I-275.) Then again, I don't have a badge. :(

·
989 Posts

yea, Livonia is bad. the cop that stopped me said he was behind me with lights on before I got into it, which is to say that I was doing about 80. Which means 75...so he was stopping me originally for 5 over on 96 east bound around Inkster Rd. Of all the cops in the area I have had the most issues with Southfield PD (before I became an LEO) and with the Mighty State Police ( since becoming LEO). Those guys are straight up assholes! Every time , which is to say 3 times, they give me this holier than thou speech that takes like 20 minutes. Sometimes I just wanna say gimmie the damn ticket just to shut them up!

·
Registered
50 Posts
SIZMTRZ said:
Sometimes I just wanna say gimmie the damn ticket just to shut them up!
I'll take the lecture ANY DAY! My buddy is a deputy as well and I kid you not, he gets pulled over at least once a month. You guys are some lucky mofos.

I used to live in Southfield and yes, the cops were tough. They'd even send a flyer every year to my apartment saying "We will be looking for all you speeders this summer." :wtf:

·
989 Posts

it's not luck...I paid my dues in the academy! LOL

people who work in the mortgage industry get better interest rates than the rest of us...

people who work for the big 3 get cheaper cars than the rest of us...

so cops should get some social benefits too ! LOL

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha ha funny, permit for running red lights. No my drivers permit. And like I said I was sitting there letting the cars clear the intersection so I wouldn't block it. Then as they got going the light was going to cycle and figured I'd be sitting there agian waitin for the rows of cars that just turned onto the road. But really I don't do wheelies and would never have gone had traffic not taken so long to clear.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
RC51999 said:
I used to live in Southfield and yes, the cops were tough. They'd even send a flyer every year to my apartment saying "We will be looking for all you speeders this summer." :wtf:
Thats pretty funny.

·
989 Posts

not when they stop you for 5 over on a 55mph section of freeway... Sorry, but speed limits are set to the lowest denominator of driving ability... a road with a 40 mph speed limit is easily safely negotiable at 55-60. in a car or bike.

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
SIZMTRZ said:
not when they stop you for 5 over on a 55mph section of freeway... Sorry, but speed limits are set to the lowest denominator of driving ability... a road with a 40 mph speed limit is easily safely negotiable at 55-60. in a car or bike.
You obviously have not seen the drivers around here:p

·
Registered
361 Posts
SIZMTRZ said:
it's not luck...I paid my dues in the academy! LOL

people who work in the mortgage industry get better interest rates than the rest of us...

people who work for the big 3 get cheaper cars than the rest of us...

so cops should get some social benefits too ! LOL

I am not trying to be a dick here, but if I am expected to obey the law, a fucking police officer sure as fuck should be expected to do the same. I understand getting off for 5 or 10 over, but what you were doing is regarded as criminal and would land you in jail and take your license for at least 6 months. I am not saying that I don't speed or break the law, I am saying that if I have to follow guidelines that you uphold, you have, at least, a moral obligation to follow the same rules/guidelines/laws.:twocents

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would have to whole-heartedly agree with dingy on this one.

One of the benefits of being a cop shouldn't be the ability to get away with 3rd and 4th degree felonies.

This isn't just a case where you got an extra 10-15% discount off the regular low price.

This is a case where you got off completely without having your vehicle impounded, without having to sit in jail (possibly for days) waiting for a magistrate, without having to buy your way out of jail (bond), without having to be fired/suspended from your job, without having to spend many thousands of dollars on an attorney, without have to waste time making court appearances for the next 12 to 24 months, without having to pay fines court costs and probation fees, without screwing up your life forever with a felony arrest and/or conviction on your record, and on and on and on and.............

If you are not setting the example an example should be made of you.

Please take it to the track.

Sorry dude. I calling this one the way I am seeing this one.;)

Hopefully this will help you in the future to deal more compassionately with people you catch committing these sort of statutory non-violent crimes.
:twocents

·
989 Posts

No offense takin and I agree with you whole heartedly. I am and was willing to accept whatever punishments come with my deviations from what is legal...but I'm not going to say no to a get out of jail free pass if it's served up on my plate...ya know.

NAYA, so I'm guesing you don't agree with the anology I made in the previous post...LOL

SP2pilot: Did you get my PM about suspension sag settings? thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
SIZMTRZ said:
NAYA, so I'm guesing you don't agree with the anology I made in the previous post...LOL

No, I agree with you to a certain extent. I just don't think anyone should be exempt from the law, especially if they are paid to uphold it. You know 5 to 10 mph over is not a big deal and you should be able to get away with it, but your situation was a bit extreme. I am glad you got off, but in your position, you should be much more responsible.

·
989 Posts

Agreed, and believe it or not, the lesson was learned and I wont be riding as such any longer on the streets...

as far as committing a felony... I was not fleeing, the officer thought I was. I would have been sited with a huge speeding ticket yes, I'm sure givin the opportunity to explain my position, even without disclosing my job status, the officer would have realized I was Not fleeing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts