Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Big Thymer
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious... have never heard of this special 75 before.

Honda RC51 (RVT1000R)

Rare silver color scheme* 2000 Honda RC51 (1000cc V-twin superbike, gear driven cams) with the following modifications:

Dynojet Power Commander and fuel injection map for aftermarket Sato exhausts (added 10 rwhp, dyno charts available from Dan Kyle Racing)
K&N airfilter
Intake air flapper disabled
Rear shock shimmed
Front fork rebound upgraded
Seat padding upgraded
Plastic paint protection
Valve lash checked and in spec., 16m total miles on odometer.

This is a pristine RC51 that has not been raced. It has been meticulously maintained since new by a motorcycle enthusiast, has new tires and is in showroom condition. The race version won both the AMA and World Superbike Championships in 2000 and 2002. It took the top three podium positions at the Daytona Superbike race in 2003 and was built to specifically take on the twin cylinder Ducatis which ithey consistently beat. The Honda RC51 has possibly the best V-twin engine ever developed even by today's standards.

Call XXXX @ phone in the Spokane Valley.`

* Only 75 of these were imported.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I'm gonna call bullshit!
Can't tell what the sticker is on the fairing where Woody would be on an 04. The ad isn't filled with a bunch of crap and errors like some, other than the high asking price, but I think it's been repainted.

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
certainly not a factory option. although he is calling it a rare silver color scheme which isnt necessarily lying, but certainly misleading. now, that ad itself sounds copied and pasted as ive heard the exact same thing in an rc ad once before about being designed to beat ducati, etc...

edit, didnt read where he said only 75 were imported... now im inclined to say he is lying on top of trying to mislead people..

·
Registered
947 Posts
mine's a special edition pre crashed twice rebuilt via ebay and rogue special platinum edition, non-imported. 1 of 1

so why is that guy's craigslist post hard to believe he has a 1 of 75 ?

·
750 Posts
The only part of the world where the SP-1 was realeased in all silver body work, was in the UK.
It was an addition to the Euro red bodywork, but was considered a special edition after Colin won the 2000 World Superbike Championship.
I'm not sure how many were released.

·
1,061 Posts
And the legend is true :notworthy

Lets all take a moment of silence for the special 75 :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
here is the story behind the silver ones MCN (motorcycle news) in uk
held a competition on what color scheme honda should do the last of the sp1s
and the public voted silver
and apparantley there was 1000 produced
i have one and i hated the color so much i sprayed it castrol colors

·
Registered
531 Posts
So there might be a silver RC...Call me optimistic but I still call that ad BS...If they where only available in Europe than it would be a VTR SP1, Not a RVT RC-51...

Yes he could have got the silver paint code (I'd imagine that's a feat in itself) and put the decals on it but it isn't "original"

Not trying to put the guy down on his sale, I'm sure a non RC enthusiast will buy it up if he lowers the price a little bit

Now where is that http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/street-track/63785-sale-post-pet-peeves.html

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
hmm, interesting to piggyback what n11express posted

Honda VTR1000 / RVT1000 SP-1 and SP-2 (RC51)

WOW... The SILVER is NO bs! I thought it was for sure but it is NOT... they made 200 of them actually.

Hey Nick,(Mondail 429) good call as well.;)

They did the Big CBR and Also the BlackBird at the sametime, see below\/

Peace Jeff

SP-1 available in silver

15/05/01: After pressure from buyers, the RC51 will be available in Britain in limited numbers in silver. Honda UK originally said that there would be no demand for the colourscheme when the 2000 options were announced. Now, after lobbying from prospective customers (via Motorcycle News) 200 are to be imported, along with a similar number for the Fireblade and Super Blackbird.

The price will be the same as the other colour options offered for the bikes.

I just wanted to add this, check it out... 26 more SPECIAL Edition RC51 out there in the WORLD! Again see below\/

Joey Dunlop replica RC51

As mentioned on the Joey Dunlop page, Honda UK commissioned RS Performance to build 26 Joey Dunlop RC51 replicas, commemorating the Irish hero's 26 TT wins. All the bikes were sold within one month of the sale being announced.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Here's MY All time Fav. of "RC51" colors.. You all can Keep your Silver paint jobs...:p :woot:

Seeing these really makes me missing seeing Colin running at the front! :(
I think he's got an Awesome style.... See below... \/

I know I know... IF I have Jacked this thread too bad... Let me know and I "Will delete" this reply... No questions asked.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Yea Mav that's my favorite color scheme also. Would like to have a set of bodywork like that for a change of scenery every now and again.

·
Big Thymer
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no thread jacking... am glad I found this, seems interesting. Now somebody has to buy it to confirm whether it's painted or actual color scheme! :)

As Jeff found (thanks, BTW) there are some other rare RCs out there... now we have to find where the F Edwards special editions are! Maybe in Hayden's basement?

·
Registered
178 Posts
no thread jacking... am glad I found this, seems interesting. Now somebody has to buy it to confirm whether it's painted or actual color scheme! :)

As Jeff found (thanks, BTW) there are some other rare RCs out there... now we have to find where the F Edwards special editions are! Maybe in Hayden's basement?

its painted alright was only for european market so decals said vtr and did not have black frame
pics of mine before it was painted in here http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/rc51-general-discussion/60291-pics-my-bikes.html

1 - 20 of 30 Posts