Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had condensation/water in there fuel lines?

.... here's the story,
My bike had been sitting for some time (at least 6 monthes). It was parked outside, but covered; bike cover over the bike and a trapped makeshift shelter over that. It did rain alot over the past monthes and the temps from day to night fluctuates alot (SoCal).
Anyways, I went to start the bike the other day and it wouldn't turn over. After some investigation I found a more then reasonable amount of condensation/water in the fuel lines. I've had other bikes parked in similar situations, but never with this outcome.

Question; Could the rain water have made it's way through the gas cap (it's a stock cap)? OR possibly the rain water collected somewhere else?
...this is the only conclusion I can think of, besides normal condension which I don't think I'd of had as much water as there was..

:wtf

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
Condensation, its that simple. It could be from the bike "sweating", or the fuel couldve had some water in it. Unfortunatly, you'll never know, but leaving a bike covered outside for extended periods just isn't a good thing. Get some marine fuel stabilizer, add to tank, then add new 92/93 octane to the mix and crank and run it for at least 30 mins so the mixture gets into the cylinders it'll run crappy. After that let it sit for awhile, overnight if possible then run as much of the fuel out as possible and refill with fresh fuel again and run it thru. Then if the bike sits for more then a month again outside, add regular stabilzer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts