Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what the roads are looking like around there.. especially US 34 from Loveland to Granby. A friend of mine and I are thinking of taking a road trip over the Labor Day weekend. I will have 5 days off work to have some fun so I want to make the thing well worth the drive. We will be hauling the bike to our destination and then ride the mountians from there. Let me know some details about the road conditions (ie. watch out for gravel, tar snakes, potholes, etc.)

Also curious about the Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park. Do you need a permit to get in and that sort of thing? How much do they cost for out-of-staters if you do have to buy one? What are the police like? By that I mean will they bust your balls about every little thing that isn't DOT certified, aftermarket pipes, etc. etc follow you even if your not speeding?

We haven't decided and nothing is set in stone where we are going yet. My friend keeps talking about South Dakota (black hills) but I think CO would be 1000x better (mountains).

TIA for any info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Colorado riders - what's up? (Veins)

you have to know the back roads, or there are a million tourists keeping you from going over 55mph for 20 yards. there is a fee for the park, it's a daily or yearly fee, not any more for out of staters. roads are usually clean and upkept. took a 600 mile ride a couple of weeks ago and only saw one corner with gravel. tar patches are slick in the rain, but you probably already knew that. police are generally aholes, especially in small towns. state troopers (highways) are a little better, and sheriffs are the most understanding. 99 percent don't know the difference between a termi exhaust and a stock one. i've heard three different theories on if my license plate is legal under the seat.... the views are beautiful, but they are in the black hills also. you should be able to find some good roads, but don't expect much from 34 (too much traffic). you'll be a lot better of getting in with some local guys who would show you some secrets if you buy breakfast. good luck. send me an IM and i will give you my email if you have any other questions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Colorado riders - what's up? (quickdraw)

IM sent - thanks for the info!

I'll send a email out when my buddy decides and if his girl decides if he can go!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Colorado riders - what's up? (Veins)

Black hills are nice. They have no were close to the amount of traffic that colorado has. Road 34 in CO the other day. Baked my balls from having to sit behind traffic the entire time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Colorado riders - what's up? (jersey_devil_68)

Baked my balls...

Be a man and suck it up you Pussy...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Colorado riders - what's up? (old timer)

Man you are such a Christopher Columbus artifact.
It was nearly 100 there the other day with the bike running around 225. I know longer have balls I have Rocky Mountain oysters.
However When I do return I am going to have the biggest bitch strips around. Have to drive almost two hours to find the twisties.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Colorado riders - what's up? (jersey_devil_68)

send me an IM sometime and i might tell you some secrets. first one is free - stay off of hwy34. (too many people from wyoming there).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts