Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has heard of dual-compound tires, but I wonder what the deal is here... with that obvious band running through the center. I've never seem something that pronounced on other racing tires.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Colin's rear tire at Laguna... (Tripod-R)

The new Michelin Pilot Power Race tires look like that after a few laps. Only difference is the band is closer to the edge of the tire maybe 2" from edge. I thought my rear tire was coming apart the first time I seen it happen at Barber. Stuck like glue

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (Bynoid)

Ok ...am i the only one who notice that thats Aaron Gobert in the Pic and not Colin?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (nunyabidness)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nunyabidness »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok ...am i the only one who notice that thats Aaron Gobert in the Pic and not Colin?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The pic changed.

I believe this was linked from the "Yamaha photo of the week".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Dave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The pic changed.

I believe this was linked from the "Yamaha photo of the week".</TD></TR></TABLE>

"AH HA...that explains it....thanks"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The pic changed.

I believe this was linked from the "Yamaha photo of the week".</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey that's not Colin... i dont see any difference on those tires...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's because the picture USED to be linked to a shot of Colin which now is a shot of Gobert, he doesn't have fancio dual comapounds liek Colin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's because the picture USED to be linked to a shot of Colin which now is a shot of Gobert, he doesn't have fancio dual comapounds liek Colin.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Prolly cuz it's an AMA Dunlop tire and not a MotoGP Michelin tire.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The pic changed.

I thought I was going crazy for a sec, hehe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Colin's rear tire at Laguna... (Tripod-R)

Here's a shot of Nicky's rear tire after the race, showing a strange wear band in the center

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Colin's rear tire at Laguna... (Rrider)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rrider »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's a shot of Nicky's rear tire after the race, showing a strange wear band in the center

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nicky did a brake stand at the corkscrew on his cool down lap.

Modified by drthompson65 at 10:17 PM 8/24/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Colin's rear tire at Laguna... (drthompson65)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nicky did a brake stand at the corkscrew which on his cool down lap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn stunters.....when are they going to take that crap to the track?

Oh wait, you said Nicky didn't you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Colin's rear tire at Laguna... (section8superbike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by section8superbike »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Damn stunters.....when are they going to take that crap to the track?

Oh wait, you said Nicky didn't you?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No kidding..

Modified by drthompson65 at 11:20 PM 8/24/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's because the picture USED to be linked to a shot of Colin which now is a shot of Gobert, he doesn't have fancio dual comapounds liek Colin.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know i was just joked

1 - 17 of 17 Posts