Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was Colin Edwards thinking wearing his hat and drinking water during the national anthem? Was that the epitome of disrespect or just a brain fart? I used to really like him as a rider.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Colin Edwards? (v-2 superbike)

even better question...who was the dip s%$t that screwed up the national anthem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woa! my gosh, you guys should sue Coling Edwards! that is such a big deal! damn, that has to be in the news, first page too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

at first i thought it was just that he was concentrating on getting ready for the race,and was kinda zoned out...but after somebody slapped him on the chest to take off his hat,he just started chuckling and still sipping on his beverage.
doesn't look good to a worldwide audience

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ummm i saw bt never thought twice about it. he probably couldnt hear what was going on and just forgot and he chuckeled. so what? he was talking about how much he liked being back in the US and how much he loves it here so i doubt he was trying to be disrespectful.

that guy really did mess up the anthem though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, he was prolly in a state of zen, preparing mentally the challenge that layed ahead.

The dude that sang our anthem...Hmmmm. He needs a coupla lessons.

Great races.

What's up with Tommy Hayden though? I didn't get a good view of what happened.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Hams51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hams51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
What's up with Tommy Hayden though? I didn't get a good view of what happened.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i didn't see that race,but apparently his wrist is screwed up.
Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v-2 superbike »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What was Colin Edwards thinking wearing his hat and drinking water during the national anthem? Was that the epitome of disrespect or just a brain fart? I used to really like him as a rider.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Whatever dude.
He (Colin) just helped America get a one-two finish at the first USGP in more than decade.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Colin Edwards? (jamarben)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jamarben »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Whatever dude.
He (Colin) just helped America get a one-two finish at the first USGP in more than decade. </TD></TR></TABLE>

and both are previously won wsb n ama on an rc..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Colin Edwards? (jamarben)

Tommy tried to go around the outside of a backmarker who I imagine was running an intentionally wide line to let the leaders through. The bikes came together and Tommy took what looked like a real rough tumble and ended up right against the wall (at least the bike didn't follow him in like Vincent's wreck). The announcers said "his hand is injured but he was o.k.", it was a rough off, I am sure he is feeling it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the anthem botch was a classic as far a as the hat goes ive done that before i forget i have it on my wife usually lets me know his wasnt there to help him out

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
colin is from the republic of texas and we do not recognize the US national anthem. Had Eyes of Texasbeen playing he would have been at full attention.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (txfatboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by txfatboy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">colin is from the republic of texas and we do not recognize the US national anthem. Had Eyes of Texasbeen playing he would have been at full attention.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't doubt that one bit. I'm just glad to see Americans 1 and 2 in our GP. I guess both Max and Nicky are up for contracts end of the season and speculation has been that one will be out... Bye, bye Max! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First, Colin runs stars and stripes on his helmet, has for years.
Second, this was a HUGE day for him, he came in ahead of Rossi after passing him, excuse him if his head is everywhere but on his shoulders at the moment and forgets to take his hat off...
and third, he is from Texas....

Modified by drsus at 11:48 PM 7/10/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (drsus)

He should still realize that he is in HIS home country and that he SHOULD take his hat off in respect to HIS home land. We are at war remember. Now more then ever we should be paying respect for those before us.

This is one of the first races my wife ever sat and watched. I was showing all the riders, talking about the bikes, telling her it was the first time they were on US soil in 11 years, etc. etc. - all she now remembers is the hat and snicker from Colin. Not a good impression.

I still love Colin - just not real thrilled by the way he acted.

Singer - should of been shot on sight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (1literduceater)

think the real question is could he have cought Nicky if he ran a medium rear instead of soft? i say yes, weather or not he could have passed Nicky thats another story.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (1literduceater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1literduceater »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He should still realize that he is in HIS home country and that he SHOULD take his hat off in respect to HIS home land. We are at war remember. Now more then ever we should be paying respect for those before us.

This is one of the first races my wife ever sat and watched. I was showing all the riders, talking about the bikes, telling her it was the first time they were on US soil in 11 years, etc. etc. - all she now remembers is the hat and snicker from Colin. Not a good impression.

I still love Colin - just not real thrilled by the way he acted.

Singer - should of been shot on sight.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Taking off hat equates to respect, how is that ,you do not know what is in his heart ,and your wife is needs a life !

1 - 20 of 46 Posts