Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a special tool needed to remove the center nut on the clutch?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Clutch tool (AOx4)

I'm guessing you're referring to the hub nut. Yes, there is a tool needed to hold the hub in place while you unscrew that nut. It takes quite a bit of force as that nut is supposed to be torqued down to 190 Nm. I've heard of some people being able to remove it with an air impact gun, but I haven't tried it myself. The nut should take a 32mm socket, which is usually an item you have to order. I just got one from Sears online.

The clutch holding tools can be found many places. Here is one for reference.http://www.nicholsmfg.com/clutchHubTool.html. They all seem to run right around the $75 range. I just made myself one out of some old clutch plates this weekend. I welded two plates together, a spacer, and a strip of bar stock on top of that for a handle. Ask around, someone might have one you can borrow. If you can't find one, you can borrow mine once I'm done with it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Clutch tool (AOx4)

Contact phil998. He makes a very nice clutch tool.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Clutch tool (Mental998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Contact phil998. He makes a very nice clutch tool.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup phil998

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Clutch tool (oneducs)

I use an air impact wrench to take it off because its easy. I use the tool I got from motowheels and a torque wrench to put it back on.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Clutch tool (georgeb)

Is there any chance of borrowing the clutch hub tool you made anytime soon? Thanks, Marc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts