Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I finally put my new Motowheels basket and Barnett clutch pack in the old '95 900 SS/CR. Looks great but unfortunately it "no workie" now. I followed the Haynes manual and I made sure to match the notched post to the arrow on the pressure plate. The clutch lever feels like there is nothing and now I can spin the pressure plate and clutch with my hand. When I pull the clutch lever none of the springs even try to apply pressure to the plates. I followed the order of the plates with the directions that Barnett supplied. Any ideas? What did I miss/do wrong?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Clutch Help (Dutch900)

Took it apart again...Actually got it to work this time. Only thing I can think is when I was tightening the clutch nut the collar with the hole in it slid past the pin that it was supposed to stay in.
But then again, I'm not sure what it was. (I'm just guessing at this point.) By the time I finish up what I need to do on her the summer will be over!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Looks like I was a little premature on the clutch working!
I took her out today to see how she was running and the clutch engages when the lever is 99% pulled in and disengages when 1% of the lever is left out. She is not ride able now. I really need some pointers from you guys to help me out, otherwise she is a boat ancor. (I am loosing my patients. I work to many hours to be phucking with her instead of blowing of steam and riding her.) I guess I may just have to throw her in the back of my truck and take her to Rockville$$$$$$. Any thoughts or ideas would mean a world of difference right now. HELP ME PLEASE!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I got your IM... but now that I read these posts, it sounds like the clutch is not engaging....? or maybe just a little bit...?

If the pressure plate will not press down on the friction/steel plates, sounds like maybe your stack height is too short.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dutch900 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> ....When I pull the clutch lever none of the springs even try to apply pressure to the plates. </TD></TR></TABLE>

....this is confusing... I don't know what you mean.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Clutch Help (Mental998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

....this is confusing... I don't know what you mean.</TD></TR></TABLE>Mental, at the time I was talking about the springs to engage the pressure plate causing it to push all the plates together.

Observation-The total clutch plate stack appears to be very high or thick compared to what the stock set up was. The very last plate barely is in the basket at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts