Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SP2 has a set of vortex clip ons installed But I also have the stock bars.

I like that I can adjust the Vortex's around a little for more leverage but I am beginning to actively dislike the aggressive relocation of the controls and reservoirs to clear the fairings.

So my question is:

Stick with the vortex's and deal with the reservoirs rubbing and funky control locations.

or

Install the stockers and have better control layout...

Any advice?

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Honda spent lots of time/money/R&D to get the stockers to perform like they do. Then they made them as cheap as possible for mass production, while still keeping them functional.

Aftermarket is nice for adjustability, light weight, and crash damage repair/parts replacement.

If you can live with the position of the stockers, don't need the "bling" factor, and know that the whole clip on needs to replaced in the event of a get-off (which is no biggie, they're easy to come by), I vote OEM. However, having said that, I bought a set of GP Tech clip ons from a fellow member...
:p

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
i have the vortex clipons myself and i adjusted the controls so that they dont rub anything, and i have my clipons as far forward as possible. i really disliked the tight angle that the stockers force you into.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts