Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried doing a search for this, but came up with nothing....

Does anyone know of an insurance company that does antique or classic motorcycle insurance? I looked on google, and got all my hits from european websites and insurance carriers.

I'm only going to be riding it for maybe a few hundred miles per year and I know its worth more than the blue book value...and since it's an '84, i know the NADA value is about $945...which is definitely not what I paid...

Thanks...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Classic motorcycle insurance (didlysquat)

Newer heard of "classic" insurance. Antique insurance here requires the vehicle to be at least 30 years old, and the plate is really restrictive.

Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Classic motorcycle insurance (didlysquat)

I'm not sure if they still do it or not, but I used to have My old '70' R/T Charger insured with State Farm. If you had a classic/exotic vehicle. They would insure the vehicle for however much extra over book value that you wanted as long as you could produce documented proof/appraisal costof the vehicle. Of course they would adjust your premiums accordingly.
I'm sure that there are still some insurance companies that do it. I just can't tell you which ones. Call and ask about it. Maybe one insurance comany can steer you in the right direction of what you're looking for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Classic motorcycle insurance (Highsider)

Condon and Skelly
Progressive
Hagerty
California Cycle Insurance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Classic motorcycle insurance (MATTinMN)

Thanks for the names...I just looked up California cycle insurance....that's just what I was looking for! Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts