Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Oh I'm certain the junior senator from Illinois (born in Hawaii I'm told) and his wonderful class act wife will seek out any opportunity to comfort and support our men and women in the US military. Makes me proud just looking at these two photos. My country: NOT a Christian country, and with a long Islamic history. I'm learning a lot about the USA from this guy.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I spent 8 years in the Corps and a decade more with the Dept.of State serving our country.....................I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
There is the exhibition of Class and the absence of Class. Obummer unfortunately for the US represents the latter.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
And what are the chances Resident Zero will do this when he's out of office........
Obama hasn't rushed into a war of choice for trumped up reasons and mismanaged it like the dickens while keeping the costs off the books for my kids to pay. I don't think he'll be carrying the same burden of guilt that George does. So you're probably right.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Obama hasn't rushed into a war of choice for trumped up reasons and mismanaged it like the dickens while keeping the costs off the books for my kids to pay. I don't think he'll be carrying the same burden of guilt that George does. So you're probably right.
He should though.

Even though he did not send them to war they are still working for him and his country. Remember they don't get to make a choice, they are doing the job they were told to do for America. Heck if the miltary people could make a choice on where and when they fought it would be chaos.

Thus it is Bush he should not respect not the soliders.
Pete

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Thus it is Bush he should not respect not the soliders.
Pete
Wait, how does a photo of Bush shaking hands at the airport mean that Obama disprespects soldiers? Is this more typical Speedzilla Neoturd pretzel logic? How many times did Bush greet the dead at Dover? You girls would be crying like...little girls about it if Obama had done the same. Please, enough with the hypocrisy.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I halfway agree with you. He didn't start the fight and now must continue it in some fashion. Whether that is to "win" (impossible) or gracefully leave in a year or two can be debated. Obviously a complex situation with suffering regardless of which path we choose.

One thing you are incorrect about however is that the costs of the war and its accounting appear to be exactly the same as Bush.

Afghanistan was a justifiable war, even Democrats supported it. Iraq is debatable, but there is a lot of hindsight second-guessing. Hussein had weapons and used them in the past, as well as preventing real inspections from going on in inside Iraq. He had to play a tricky game considering it appears he really did remove the WMD: comply with the UN resolutions while still appearing strong and defiant to his neighbors.

You are also correct Obama will not have the same burden of guilt Bush will have. It will be for different reasons, such as possibly finishing off the economy with a stupid health care bill and cap & trade.

Not to get OT, but my daughter had her adnoids removed and tubes in her ears Monday. We interacted with no fewer than ten people that day for a 20 minute procedure. I have decent insurance and it still cost me $1500 up front, we will see how much more when we get the final bill for may portion. I will not be surprised if the total bill for my portion and insurance paid will be north of $10k. Crazy and unsustainable.

No, Obama won't bankrupt the US by fighting a foreign war or three. He will do it by making all of pay two RN's to watch a little girl eat popsicles for an hour.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Obama has not mismanaged the war??? Really? BTW, you think that we went to war for trumped up reasons??? How about 3000 reasons?

Matthew

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Obama has not mismanaged the war??? Really? BTW, you think that we went to war for trumped up reasons??? How about 3000 reasons?

Matthew

DOUBLE CLINK!!! :notworthy

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Registered
4,678 Posts

Matthew
Matthew, Matthew, Matthew. When are you going to learn that there was absolutely no connection between Saddam and 9/11. Bush and company would have known that if they'd listened to German intelligence with a level head instead of worms like Bill Krystal. As the inspections went on it became increasing clear that there were no WMD's. That's why they didn't want to wait for the inspections to end. They didn't want to hear that there were no WMD's. They wanted to overthrow Saddam and it had nothing to do with anything that mattered to our national security. They used us, they used Congress, they used the memories of those 3,000 people, and they used the military. We got hosed, all of us. They should be in prison.

Oh wait, Halliburton and Tarwater didn't get hosed. Sorry, I was wrong about that.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are idiots or just gullible.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
I halfway agree with you. He didn't start the fight and now must continue it in some fashion. Whether that is to "win" (impossible) or gracefully leave in a year or two can be debated. Obviously a complex situation with suffering regardless of which path we choose.

One thing you are incorrect about however is that the costs of the war and its accounting appear to be exactly the same as Bush.

Afghanistan was a justifiable war, even Democrats supported it. Iraq is debatable, but there is a lot of hindsight second-guessing. Hussein had weapons and used them in the past, as well as preventing real inspections from going on in inside Iraq. He had to play a tricky game considering it appears he really did remove the WMD: comply with the UN resolutions while still appearing strong and defiant to his neighbors.

You are also correct Obama will not have the same burden of guilt Bush will have. It will be for different reasons, such as possibly finishing off the economy with a stupid health care bill and cap & trade.

Not to get OT, but my daughter had her adnoids removed and tubes in her ears Monday. We interacted with no fewer than ten people that day for a 20 minute procedure. I have decent insurance and it still cost me $1500 up front, we will see how much more when we get the final bill for may portion. I will not be surprised if the total bill for my portion and insurance paid will be north of $10k. Crazy and unsustainable.

No, Obama won't bankrupt the US by fighting a foreign war or three. He will do it by making all of pay two RN's to watch a little girl eat popsicles for an hour.
I've gained some respect for you over the years. You seem to be able to see both sides to a story; something that the others aren't able to do.

On Obama and Afghanistan I agree he's hoodwinking us the same way Shrub did about the costs. And I also think that it is becoming increasing clear that there is no win in that country for us. Obama is scared to withdraw because of the political backlash. No matter what he does he is screwed but the bloodbath on the evening news, post withdrawal, is impending political suicide for him. The far right is absolutely loving this situation. What patriots.

Saddam didn't remove the weapons. According to his now-defected head of the program he destroyed the WMD's. But he didn't tell anyone because he didn't want Iran to sense weakness. It makes a lot of sense now.

You don't finish off an economy by passing that health bill and cap and trade. That's just more bogus BS from the far right. You know, the same sort of bogus BS that Move On, for instance, was spewing during the Bush monarchy.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Cap and Trade without accompanying tariffs on countires without it, designed to equalize the costs of goods, if economic suicide.

Forcing more money into a health care system (already roughly 1/6 of our economy), without forcing changes to reduce the waste and needless CYA procedures, is economic suicide.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wait, how does a photo of Bush shaking hands at the airport mean that Obama disprespects soldiers? Is this more typical Speedzilla Neoturd pretzel logic? How many times did Bush greet the dead at Dover? You girls would be crying like...little girls about it if Obama had done the same. Please, enough with the hypocrisy.
I was replying to the thread theme that Obama would not go and meet the troops after his term is over, ie:

Area 51 said:
Old Fart said:
And what are the chances Resident Zero will do this when he's out of office........
... So you're probably right.
I took that to mean that you agree with Old Fart in that Obama would not go and meet the troops.

Pete

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I stay away from this part of the forum b/c my blood pressure is high enough , but just have to say ... CLASS ?! Are you fvcking serious ?! These retarded , lying , narrow-minded , corrupt , silver-spoon pieces of sh!t shake a few hands as a photo opp to bolster their already inflated egos , and you're impressed ?! I'm surprised lovely Laura had time between botox appointments . And no I'm not a fan of Barry ; the political machine can't be fixed by a messiah , not even one endorsed by The Queen Of All That Is True , Ofra .:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts