Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '00 51 and the running tail lights went out (they work when using the brakes). I'm assuming it's a blown fuse, so I'll start there.

Now, here's the stupid part. The owner's manual says the circuit fuse box is located behind the rear cowl. I've removed it but for the life of me I can't find that little black box. The little illustration for the location doesn't seem to correlate with anything back there.
The bike has an aftermarket undertail, but I'm not sure which - I bought it that way. It also has a PC3 installed. I mention this in case the installation of these items requires relocating the fuse box. I dunno, I'm no mechanic.

I did a search on the technical forums for the fuse box location, and some of you say it's actually behind the left fairing. Is this correct? Is the owner's manual that far off? I want to make sure before I take the fairing off.

·
Captain Obvious
738 Posts
I did a search on the technical forums for the fuse box location, and some of you say it's actually behind the left fairing. Is this correct? Is the owner's manual that far off? I want to make sure before I take the fairing off.
Yup, that's where it is. Just behind the left side fairing. It would be right next to your left knee, if you're sitting on the bike.
The tail lights and the brake lights are on separate circuits. Fuses don't blow for no reason. If you find a blown fuse, try to find out why it blew. Perhaps a wire rub somewhere? Or maybe a frayed wire, due to a shady installation on the aftermarket undertail?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '00 51 and the running tail lights went out (they work when using the brakes). I'm assuming it's a blown fuse, so I'll start there.

Now, here's the stupid part. The owner's manual says the circuit fuse box is located behind the rear cowl. I've removed it but for the life of me I can't find that little black box. The little illustration for the location doesn't seem to correlate with anything back there.
The bike has an aftermarket undertail, but I'm not sure which - I bought it that way. It also has a PC3 installed. I mention this in case the installation of these items requires relocating the fuse box. I dunno, I'm no mechanic.

Just curious what the problem was. I'm having the exact same issue. Have the brake light, but no running light or turn signals!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts