Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Looks like he's running an EVO engine which can put out a lot of HP and tons of torque, so it's pretty easy to make them pop up like that. The painful part is the landing, specially on a rigid like that that's probably 2" off the ground to beging with.

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
drsus said:
The painful part is the landing....
at least a springer fork won't leak after doing that 3 times. bushings wear out, but don't leak.....

what exactly is the point of doing a wheelie with your chopper, anyways?:wacky

does it speed-up the parts loss progression, or just show that the bike can do something other than staight liners, since braking is moderate (even with PM brakes) and handling in corners is as likely as seeing Jesus working the drive-thru window at Taco Bell....??

ya gotta love that hot-rod, vintage chopper look though.......:D

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
open primary = absolutely cool. pants shreaders..........

best thing to happen to harleys these days was guys taking new engineering and mixing in old school technolgy and appearence.

open primary, hand/jockey shift, painted spoke rims, springer front ends and apes.....great combo.

i love a good hotrod..... flat black is finally a chosen color, not just what you had in a rattle can..... go figure.

Harley's definitely ditched the "work on it for 3 days to ride it for a weekend" label, and gotten on board with quality control. the evo's a proven engine and has surpassed even the shovelhead with time on the job. 1984-1/2 to present beats out the 1966-1884-1/2 shovel, and with less required repairs or failures.

OCC and Jesse James sure got fat off that gravey train with biscuit wheels.....:clapper

·
Registered
595 Posts
Rigor said:
Harley's definitely ditched the "work on it for 3 days to ride it for a weekend" label, and gotten on board with quality control. the evo's a proven engine and has surpassed even the shovelhead with time on the job. 1984-1/2 to present beats out the 1966-1884-1/2 shovel, and with less required repairs or failures.
I hear they came out with a new engine thats a little bigger and has two cams to the evo's one. Only been out for 6 years now. ;) Personally, I only like the head-breathing evo's. The earlier ones were more of a pain.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
they are, they're twin cam models are too fancy looking. I want he bare bones sprocket/belt look and for some reason no one sells JUST that. I could buy a primo and just not use half the stuff that comes with it to make it bare bones, but I'm paying an extra $1000 probably for all that billet and stuff. As weird as it sounds, I want my '06 to look very vintage, so, very little chrome (if any) and no billet stuff or huge fat rear tire, etc.

I could've just bought a frame and a S&S shovel or knockle, but I wanted a bit more oomph and reliability this time around. I didn't realize how hard it is too work with these newer bikes....I didn't think about all the electronics and stuff, or a swing arm for that matter, My last 3 were all rigids.

This is what I thought about before I just got a new bike as a starting point,

www.suckerpunchsallys

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like the pic...who doesn't like a little wheelie therapy?

I once saw a guy on an old '70's rigid with about a 24" over springer and a King and Queen seat with the tall back do a wheelie with the ol' lady on the back...yeah, she was grinnin'....wish I had a pic of that...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.