Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Check out the crash @ IOM (JamesP)

Check it out landing on the fence and stying there!!, bet the dude on the bike was sore!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Check out the crash @ IOM (Monstaman)

When you watch that dude on the motorcycle go airborn, then come down hard on his back and proceed to do human ragdoll cartwheels, you can only hope that he was wearing a back protector and came out alive from this one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Check out the crash @ IOM (jbraslins)

That's an old vid, IIRC, he lived and wasn't too seriously injured.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (TBONE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TBONE »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dave I believe he died actually.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn, if I would have known that I wouldn't have been so cavalier.

My apologies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not one hundred percent sure but I seem to recall the crash was fatal. I could be wrong. Watching it agai It does look like a BAD one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (TBONE)

I saw the clip of the motorcycle crash many moons ago either here or at ROGUE.
I believe someone on ROGUE posted a link.

I recall some saying (typing) that it was at Isle of Mann.

Doesn't look good. Neck and back injuries appear quite probable from the landing and what should have been a harmless lowside turned nasty when he hit the turf piled up by the side of the road. The initial hit at the side of the road had to have at least taken a shoulder and/or a hip out (in addition to at least a few ribs in between).

If he survived it with few injuries, then that was some soft and absorbent turf he hit (anybody have a link to a good Charmin commercial?)

The angle of deflection and the change in speed after hitting the turf really blows.

What may appear to be the body tumbling could actually be huge wads of turf being thrown up in the air from his royally f#%ked up landing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts