Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes the check engine light comes on and stays on but most of the time it is off... any idea what the problem might be.or should i just take it to the dealer. just bought the bike with 1800 miles.. is this what to expect with the new 749.. it is an 03 by the way... any help would be great.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: check engine light. (cintas)

when the light is on, does it stay on only at idle, or stay on in upper rev range?

ciao,
johnc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: check engine light. (mh900e0974)

john c is on the right path, first thing check the earthing and wrie connectors as this can commonly cause this type of thing.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

comes on and stays on... but if i shut the bike off and start the bike again sometimes it's off... like i said it's not all the time.. just started doing it today.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It would be well worth checkoing terminals prior to checking senders etc, if teh terminals all appear OK, then maybe it is the shop to test the sender unit, go for the easiest first.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: check engine light. (Monstaman)

In 03 Ducati had problemamatic instrument clusters on both the 749 & 999, but I would do as the other guys said and check all clips and make sure they are connected tightly. Good luck

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: check engine light. (viper1)

don't forget the dialectic (duh/ brain fart) grease /everywhere. Come on, you know it is up to us and not the factory by now.
Well i'm learning, to rebuild a very expensive ride. It is beyond my understanding, even though i knew(when i bought) /and learning.........- everying (including all electric stufffffff_ ) , Well beyond frustration and cash.....(like college_ i'm learning. And if you want to work on you own bike (open a book and read and talk with sharing people here.)

Regarless of particular or certian noses to the SP2/RC51.......the bike was/is great........thicker, heavier, etc....but toss money (that you paid) for your R or S and the RC with like riders....still feels fat.....but rules still.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does it come on when stopped at traffic lights with the clutch in, bike in gear? do you have the clutch lever in to the bars or just your fingers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts