Cheap Rearsets - Vortex

6K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  KevinTX 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Cheap rearsets

Be careful, you get what you pay for...(they are "non-adjustable").:wtf
-Rocky-

#4 ·
Be careful, you get what you pay for...(they are "non-adjustable").
Let me add, they use bushing, no bearing ;) .Just like stock.

#7 ·
DatRC said:
Let me add, they use bushing, no bearing. Just like stock.
RockyMT said:
Be careful, you get what you pay for...(they are "non-adjustable").
So, sato got it right by using steel bearings, 4 additional steel bolts, and useing more aluminum than is necessary for a nonadjustable, which adds weight?

since stock rearsets don't cause any performance problems with their antiquated bushings and fixed location, wouldn't the smartest race rearset be the lightest one?

#8 ·
Start2Fab said:
So, sato got it right by using steel bearings, 4 additional steel bolts, and useing more aluminum than is necessary for a nonadjustable, which adds weight?

since stock rearsets don't cause any performance problems with their antiquated bushings and fixed location, wouldn't the smartest race rearset be the lightest one?

Nope... The Sato design is beefy for a reason, this makes them extremely crashworthy & as I can attest to as well as many others the Sato's do crash better than most any other brand out there plus the foot pegs don't fold up like the stock rearsets do so they work as frame sliders in the event of a agricultural experience. Having them adjustable is just gravy & allows the user to custom tailor them to their needs. Remember sometimes you do get what you pay for & there sure are a lot of satisfied owners of both Vortex & Sato rearsets out there.

But follow your instincts Phil, why don't you make some out of plastic from recycled tampon inserters (that will certainly be lighter than anything currently on the market) & tell us how they work out for ya :D

#9 ·
Whieghty issues

Hey Start to fab, had a chance to get a "certified" weight on yer bike yet?....:)
-Rocky-

#10 ·
I have used Vortex in the past and have liked them, even through multiple crashes. I have never used Sato's, so I don't have anything to compare them to. I just happened to see that price and thought I would share it with anyone who might be shopping on a budget. :D

#12 ·
LDH said:
why don't you make some out of plastic from recycled tampon inserters
that's a great idea. I think tampon applicator frame sliders would be tits. since rogue would be the most plentiful source for those, can you hook me up? :D
Hey Start to fab, had a chance to get a "certified" weight on yer bike yet?....:)
-Rocky-
I've got a "certified" ass ready for you to kiss :)

my project is constantly evolving. it's rarely got all of it's parts in one shop to weigh :banghead

#13 ·
Kiss my ass?

Spare me internet threats, however if you'd like my address......:clapper
Some of us here have long memories, I think there's still an open challenge out there.......
-Rocky-
P.S. FABRICATE THIS!:wacky

#15 ·
RockyMt said:
Spare me internet threats, however if you'd like my address.....Some of us here have long memories, I think there's still an open challenge out there.......
It sounded more like a proposition than a threat to me ;)

and why should I be in a hurry, or even care about what sp2 claims? he hasn't followed through with his claims on drsus's carbon kickstand, and can't even admit to lying about owning certain pieces of equipment, so i don't expect him to ever acknowledge anything I've done either :rolleyes:

#16 ·
I knew you could not come back in here without trying to pick a fight with me.:mad:

Philip you have been back 2 fucking days and you are allready starting shit.

What a pathetic piece of trailer park trash you truly are.

Lonely little fucking loser, no one pays any attention to you in the real world so you end up on the Internet looking for a little scolding just like daddy dished out to you.

Guess what Mary? This ain't love either:wacky

I was just going to let you be, figured new board, maybe a new attitude for you. Nope same ol moron with same old worn out line of shit. This would almost be sad if it was not so tragic.

Leave me out of your artificial little world. I will never ever believe you so just right me off, the rest of the board will make their own minds up all by themselfs:rolleyes:

#17 ·
sp2pilot said:
I knew you could not come back in here without trying to pick a fight with me.:mad:

Philip you have been back 2 fucking days and you are allready starting shit.

What a pathetic piece of trailer park trash you truly are.

Lonely little fucking loser, no one pays any attention to you in the real world so you end up on the Internet looking for a little scolding just like daddy dished out to you.

Guess what Mary? This ain't love either:wacky

I was just going to let you be, figured new board, maybe a new attitude for you. Nope same ol moron with same old worn out line of shit. This would almost be sad if it was not so tragic.

Leave me out of your artificial little world. I will never ever believe you so just right me off, the rest of the board will make their own minds up all by themselfs:rolleyes:

You have problems (made my mind up)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.