Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That guy should be taken out back and beaten about the neck, head, and chest area..... "You can't have your bike back" "Why?" "Cuz you don't love your bike!"

Classic Seinfeld

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah Toyota V6

Geez Desmo, you been taking pics at the dealership I work at?

I see that all the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Ducman851)

man that looks disgusting. 25000 you say? what problems were they having with their engine?

lets hope the large picture police don't get upset at this post.

Modified by oneducs at 1:04 AM 8/23/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (oneducs)

not bad for 25000... leave a harley with the same oil for 4000miles and you will look for the pistons

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stk0308 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Let me guess, Penzoil?</TD></TR></TABLE>No kidding, looks like Pennsylvania crude to me. Years ago when I worked at an automotive machine shop, it was very obvious who ran Penzoil or Quaker State.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (oneducs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oneducs »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets hope the large picture police don't get upset at this post.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
let em, I have an extra-large box of kleenex, plenty to go around

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (weasel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weasel »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No kidding, looks like Pennsylvania crude to me. Years ago when I worked at an automotive machine shop, it was very obvious who ran Penzoil or Quaker State.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No shit?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weasel »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No kidding, looks like Pennsylvania crude to me. Years ago when I worked at an automotive machine shop, it was very obvious who ran Penzoil or Quaker State.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've always thought the Quaker State was OK. Fess up Wease, what do you know?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (2 Strokes Forever)

Want to hear about a car that was abused?

My Mom bought a 1985 Lincoln Towncar from the Budget rental fleet – about a year old w/ maybe 15k miles on it.
I know for a fact that she NEVER changed the oil in it.
When she passed – I got it as an 18 year old and drove it hard.
I also never changed the oil – a friend told me that it would loosen up crud and clog the oil pump. Whatever – I believed him.
When I traded it in, it had over 120k miles. I had put a few quarts in over the years, but the only maintenance was a new timing chain, and at the same time my friend who was doing it thought he would help and change the plugs – well he broke off 6 of the 8 and had to pull both heads to get them out.
Otherwise that Ford 302 never had any problems. I don’t remember ever even changing the air filter…

BTW: I am MUCH better at preventive maintenance now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (rc-rick)

What I know is a high sulphur content. Good for greasin wagon wheels. That engine pic is typical of Penzoil. Seen it hundreds of times. Crap just turns to tar.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I've never had a problem using Valvoline 10w30 in my vehicles. My '02 Toyota Taco V6 has 53k miles on it and no sludge problems. I know the Camry had issues at one time. I have been using Valvoline in our vehicles for about 10 years now. Changed every 3k miles of course

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
as far as oil brands go, I have heard horror stories for every brand on the market.

I think changing the oil at proper intervals is more important than what brand you use (and of course using bike-specific oil in bikes)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Dezmo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dezmo »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I think changing the oil at proper intervals is more important than what brand you use (and of course using bike-specific oil in bikes)</TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean I can't run off the shelf Pennzoil 10W-40 in my bike???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: change yer oil often, kids (Dezmo)

Ah man, put a disclaimer up next time.
That sh*t is gross.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts