Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may be time for a new chain (8,000 miles on bike), and I'm doing some window shopping. Ive been looking at two chains- the DID ERV3, and the RK GXW- both 520's. Anyone have a reason for a preference between the two?

Also, any idea how the ERV3 is different from the "older" ERV2?

The Sprocket Center has a package including both sprockets, RK GXW 520 chain, and AFAM QC Carrier for $310. Is there better?

Thanks!

:notworthy

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Holiday said:
It may be time for a new chain (8,000 miles on bike), and I'm doing some window shopping. Ive been looking at two chains- the DID ERV3, and the RK GXW- both 520's. Anyone have a reason for a preference between the two?

Also, any idea how the ERV3 is different from the "older" ERV2?

The Sprocket Center has a package including both sprockets, RK GXW 520 chain, and AFAM QC Carrier for $310. Is there better?

Thanks!

:notworthy
Whats the price difference between the two chains (the DID and the RK)? I have found that chains are a "you get what you pay for thing"

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Section8superbike said:
Whats the price difference between the two chains (the DID and the RK)? I have found that chains are a "you get what you pay for thing"
Don't know the price of the chains alone, but he said the DID chain would be $50 more than the RK. Guess you're saying it's worth it?
Know the difference in the V2/V3?

·
Registered
206 Posts
According to the DID ad the ERV3 has 5% Greater Tensile Strength, and 15% Greater Fatigue Strength, the the ERV2 connecting links from the 2 are not interchangeable with the EVR3.
Fran

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I run the RK and love it so far and Duc572 has the same chain and his bike puts out 145 rwhp! I remmember the RK having more tensil strength than the DID ERV2 and the ERV3 I havent a clue.

and if you dont already have the QC no one can beat sprocket centers $311. I say get the RK with the AFAM sprockets and rear alum.:twocents :rockon

·
Registered
429 Posts
Over many years and many chains, I've found DID to be consistently the best. This experience goes back to before the days of o-ring chains.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
brettmess24 said:
.........and if you dont already have the QC no one can beat sprocket centers $311. I say get the RK with the AFAM sprockets and rear alum.:twocents :rockon
$311 is a deal ? people better not be afraid to shop! LOL DID ERv2 $115 AFAM QC and AFAM sprocket $149

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
throttlehead said:
$311 is a deal ? people better not be afraid to shop! LOL DID ERv2 $115 AFAM QC and AFAM sprocket $149
I love when people post these replies but dont say where they can be purchased:wacky

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, in that case, it looks like the Sprocket Center has a GREAT price on em'!

Throttlehead- as always, what the hell are you talking about!?:woot::D

JSchmidt- what makes the DID "best"?

Thanks guys :rockon

·
Registered
526 Posts
i have used the gxw on my 1000 and my monster withoun any problems or wear issues. it's a good chain:twocents

·
Registered
72 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts