Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Husky 510 came with a DID pro series O-ring chain. The chain has gotten stiff and I am hoping to replace it with a non-O-ring chain or an X-ring chain. I'm not concerned with needing to lube the chain often but I would like to get as much power to my rear wheel as possible without needing to adjust the chain every time I turn around or running the risk of breaking the chain.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Eric Landstrom said:
My Husky 510 came with a DID pro series O-ring chain. The chain has gotten stiff and I am hoping to replace it with a non-O-ring chain or an X-ring chain. I'm not concerned with needing to lube the chain often but I would like to get as much power to my rear wheel as possible without needing to adjust the chain every time I turn around or running the risk of breaking the chain.

Any suggestions?
i have used the DID X-ring chains for years on the race bike and have been very happy. i use a DID standard(gold non o-ring) chain on the 450 for DCTC and supermoto. i use an X-ring on it for road racing and dirt.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

My indecision on what chain to run happened when I opened up the Dennis Kirk catalog thinking I'd order the non-O-ring version of the chain my bike came with and a chart was telling me that the non-O-ring chain is too wimpy.

Chad, I'm having a hard time trying to identify the standard gold DID chain you run in the Dennis Kirk catalog. It's a 520STD and not a 520ATV, right?

Edit: Chad you must be running a 520ERT or 520 MX that isn't in the catalog.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Eric Landstrom said:
Thanks guys.

My indecision on what chain to run happened when I opened up the Dennis Kirk catalog thinking I'd order the non-O-ring version of the chain my bike came with and a chart was telling me that the non-O-ring chain is too wimpy.

Chad, I'm having a hard time trying to identify the standard gold DID chain you run in the Dennis Kirk catalog. It's a 520STD and not a 520ATV, right?

Edit: Chad you must be running a 520ERT or 520 MX that isn't in the catalog.
it's actually a 520 ERT. i buy my chains from Bob's.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm clued in more now. I emailed DID. They told me that I shouldn't run the 520ERT or 520ERT2 and suggested that I run a 520MX.

I then called Paul Lima and asked him what the factory SM team runs. Turns out Paul runs EK 520RX chains that are used mostly by small GP bikes.

I ordered an EK 520RX chain.

Thanks guys. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts