Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tried a couple chain lubes out there but it seems that they all start to fly all over my polished rims doesnt matter how long i let it sit on the chain before a ride...does anyone know a brand that doesnt fly everywhere and stays on the chain where it should????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Chain Lube??? (RVT4LIFE)

I use Bel Ray Super Clean Chain Lube. It's all I ever use after trying others. It works great and doesn't fling off. YMMV.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1 again I tried bel ray a couple of weeks ago and now refuse to use anything else. A great product......Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RVT4LIFE »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have tried a couple chain lubes out there but it seems that they all start to fly all over my polished rims doesnt matter how long i let it sit on the chain before a ride...does anyone know a brand that doesnt fly everywhere and stays on the chain where it should????</TD></TR></TABLE>

Toss some Brasso on there, and then when it flings off it will also polish your rims. Works great on my RC.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I too have been using the bel ray super clean. Thats what I have been using on my banshee for some time now. On my banshee the problem isnt that it flys off its that it builds up over some time and the chain has to be scrubbed. (of coarse thats spraying the hell out of it and every time I ride) I have not been so lucky with the RC. The whole left side stays white. How often are you guys that arent having trouble spraying/cleaning your chain?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I've been using Maxima chain wax after trying PJ1 and Honda, I've had no problems with the Maxima. Clean the chain with kerosene and lube with the chain wax. I usually let it set overnight and no problems the next day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Chain Lube??? (Josh D)

step 1... take the bike for a long ride and warm the chain up good...
step 2... lube with your favorite chain lube... (maxima chain wax worked great for me, i also like the bel ray super clean.. goes on white and WONT come off) spray the o-ring area and the edges of the rollers to help the lube get in the necessary areas of the chain... a swingarm stand is invaluable for this so you can spin the rear tire freely...
step 3.. wipe off the excess with a rag
i often clean the wheels with a good cleaner and then coat them with WD-40 on a rag to help any fling not stick to the paint... but this will also attract a little dust but will come off super easy when cleaning...

repeat every other tank of fuel or more often as you see fit...

warming up the chain helps the propellant from the chain wax or any other lube you use evaporate and dry on the chain.. (i've had best results with NO fling with the maxima chain wax AS LONG AS YOU HEAT UP THE CHAIN FIRST) the super clean turns the chain white, but sticks VERY well and hardly ever comes off...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Chain Lube??? (JonnyRocket)

someone told me that after i spray the lube on the chain i should wipe the chain with power stearing fluid which is supposed to "lock in" the lube...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try using some WD40. Let the chain cool, rotate the wheel while spraying on. Let it sit for a few mins and then wipe it off with a cloth. I do mine once a week and never have a problem. 22,000 on the stock 530 and now I have a 520 con with almost 8,000 on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honda clear stuff in the red can has worked real good for me. I clean with kerosene every so often / wipe down / ride a bit (warming the chain) / wipe down / apply enoughf so it just makes a litte mess on the floor / let it sit / wipe it down. I've put 3k on this spring and only made two small adjustments. This stuff is proabably just as messy as any other but you can't see it :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chain Wax

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NYCSTRIPES »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like chain wax, simple and does not make a mess.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used Chain Wax on my first chain, and while it's true that it doesn't fling off, I ended up with a kink in my chain after 9,000 miles. I take pretty good care of my chain, so I was surprised at the seized link.

I went to a 530 EK and now I'm using Motul, recommended by the guys at KWS. It means I need to do a little more cleaning, but worth it once a month if it keeps things lubed nicely. So far so good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Chain Wax (Rocket51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocket51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I used Chain Wax on my first chain, and while it's true that it doesn't fling off, I ended up with a kink in my chain after 9,000 miles. I take pretty good care of my chain, so I was surprised at the seized link. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats the shit i worried about, i dont mind payin the extra $ but the more expensive is not all ways the best!!!!!
...im gonna try the heatin up the chain and the spray then wipe and see how that works for now but if ya'll know something else let us all know!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts