Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Central U.S.Supermoto Championship series is scheduled to consist of six events at the Briggs & Stratton Motorplex at Road America outside of Plymouth Wisconsin, and three events at the Mid State Kart Club in Springfield, Illinois. Championship points in each class will be totaled from each racer’s seven best finishes and the championship classes and rules are based on the established Superbikers2 structure.

Hundreds of riders from the entire spectrum of racing experience have participated in events promoted by Superbikers2 and Gateway Supermoto: Stars from flat track aces Rich King and JR Schnabel to supermoto expert Ben Carlson and road racer Aaron Yates, as well as AMA national supermoto competitors, talented amateurs, and complete beginners.

The first event is scheduled for the weekend of April 23rd and 24th at The Briggs & Stratton Motorplex. Complete series rules, schedules, and contact information can be found at http://www.superbikers2.com or http://www.gatewaysupermoto.com.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Central US Supermoto Championship Season Announced (chriscap)

6-3
don't take this as a complaint. i know you and banda have had a full plate in a relatively short amount of set up time. i hope that the '06(assuming there's an '06 CUSSC series) scedule is more of an even split among the tracks on the scedule. also, is there a throw out race?

yes, this may sound dumb as i am slow and shouldn't care. but i'm hoping not to be slow all year. i love competeing in a series as opposed to misc events. it gives me something to shoot for. lastly, what will the class structure be? you da man!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Central US Supermoto Championship Season Announced (Nick Novice)

There's only two tracks on the schedule because there's only two tracks in the midwest. Convince some more people to open tracks and we'll be happy to include more races. Are you proposing Road America should have been limited to only three races?

Check the gateway web site for schedule and class structure.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

"Are you proposing Road America should have been limited to only three races?"

sort of, but not exactly. but 5 to 4 would be more deluxe. but i am glad there are 9 races in the series as opposed to 6. next year, maybe 3 races per course if you hook up that kansas track or the troy course bears(sp?) fruit and a sm course blossoms.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

We tried everything possible to get more tracks in this series. First we thought a track in Iowa was going to race, then Ok. City. The basic theme was we supply a track and you come and promote the races. Banda and I (and probably Glenn) just don't have the time for that, just like we don't have time to promote more than 3 races at Springfield. Also, it wasn't really fair to Glenn to make him pick only a couple races for the series, especially when it would have just limited the size of the series.

The thing about Troy is that no one from that place has ever tried to contact Banda or I, and since they don't even have any pavement yet I don't see much need to try and work with them.

As for the track in KC, look for a race over there before the years out, and hopefully they'll be part of our series in 06. Look for more information in April about the location and such.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick Novice »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is there a throw out race? </TD></TR></TABLE>

TWO throwout races!

Here's a little history on the schedule decisions:

We're pretty new users of the Mid State Kart Club... the karts get first dibs on the weekends. That left us with holiday weekends and a few others, some of which conflicted with Superbikers 2 races. We wanted to avoid having events on the same weekend or even consecutive weekends with Superbikers2, and we also wanted to avoid having races on major stay-at-home-with-the-wife-and-kids holidays.

There was also an outside chance that two other tracks/organizations would put together programs and participate also... in fact, it's not exactly out of the question for another organizer to add an event.

We decided to have two throw out events so that the huge population of Wisconsin motards had an incentive to come to at least one Gateway event.

Gateway Supermoto is still growing, and we have some work to do before we're the equal of the Superbikers2 outfit. We're making big strides this year, but we really want to make sure that everything we do is good for the sport and for all the participants. One step at a time.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Central US Supermoto Championship Season Announced (banda)

"We decided to have two throw out events so that the huge population of Wisconsin motards had an incentive to come to at least one Gateway event."

good to know. i look forward to the full skinny on the rules and regs.

nick novice
trying to align my ducks while playing the ever popular game of "avoid the wife's boot in the ass"

this just in... holy poo. i notice the gateway supermoto site has been updated and the goods are up. i either missed it earlier today or it's freeesh!

Modified by Nick Novice at 10:00 PM 3/8/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That's why your questions sounded strange, was it was like you didn't even read the web site. I (I thought) updated it before I made this post. I wonder if the page was cached on my server. Oh well, look for a full rule book coming soon to a web browser near you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

a group is still trying to get some thing going here in southern Kansas too. Hallett in OK I thought was doing something soon too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Central US Supermoto Championship Season Announced (Marc Gif)

I think it'd be cool at some point to expand this series, so keep in touch if you get something going. There are tracks in OK, but we couldn't find anyone willing to actually promote the race. I know Fish would like to but he's a little busy running his business and his team. Anyone in OK want to step up? I know Fish would help you all he could.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts