Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since no on has posted results from Rossi-vision yet.... here they are..... It's nice to see Melandri and Edwards up front along with Hayden, Gibernau is quickly becoming yesterdays news

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Caution...... Assen Spoiler.............. (bruntr)

It was a great race! I got up a 7am Minneapolis time to watch it on the Internet. Can anyone beat Rossi?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Dang nice to see Colin finally get back on the podium...not surprised though as he knows Assen better than most of the other riders..yeah, I know they reconfigured it a couple of years ago, but still. I wonder if Val humped him on the podium like he did last time...that was too strange for words....Val may have some sexual-identity issues.

http://amazon.kodakgallery.com...84205

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Caution...... Assen Spoiler.............. (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dang nice to see Colin finally get back on the podium...not surprised though as he knows Assen better than most of the other riders..yeah, I know they reconfigured it a couple of years ago, but still. I wonder if Val humped him on the podium like he did last time...that was too strange for words....Val may have some sexual-identity issues.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but he could probably get any guy he wants.

Man, I wish I paid more attention to the topic titles!!!!! I somehow missed the words "caution" and "spoiler".

It's good to see that Nicky is steadily improving and showing good consistency again. Perhaps he can at least score a podium in California?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yeah awesome race for sure. Love seeing Colin on the box. If I was Nicky, I'd be pissed at Sete. He forced Nicky wide for second place only to get passed again later in the race. That of course cost Nicky a better chance at the podium. To force someone wide, and not actually be faster is embarrassing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hayden let a door open!!! Good to see Colin on the podium and Rossi is unbeatable

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Caution...... Assen Spoiler.............. (Giannis)

Rossi looked good again, biaggi and sete gibernau just got nothing going on but melandri looked sharp. great race, so whats next?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

GFD, Nicky!
By the way, Gibbernau's pass was clean. A good overtaking. Nicky just can't seem to hang after 3 or 4 laps. He'll get it though. He's still getting better. F all you naysayers!

Oh...uh...and go Colin!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree Sete's pass on Hayden was clean, but it had to be annoying that Sete didn't have the pace to go with the pass.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Caution...... Assen Spoiler.............. (Rocket51)

You are right. Nicky is getting better and he did look pretty good out there today. Unfortunately, he is not improving very fast.

In 2003, he was in 9th place in the points after 7 races with 38 points. Last year he was in 7th place and his point total went up by 16 points to 54. This year after 7 races, he is in 7th place and his point total went up 6 points to 60. Melandri has 107!
He is trailing Gibernau, Melandri, Barros and Biaggi in points. Fifth Honda in points is not good enough for a Repsol Honda ride. I can see Pedrosa and Melandri in Repsol colors next year.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocket51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">GFD, Nicky!
Nicky just can't seem to hang after 3 or 4 laps. He'll get it though. He's still getting better. F all you naysayers!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Caution...... Assen Spoiler.............. (999)

Most interesting.....the announcer said during the race that Repsol Honda wants to bring up Dani Pedrosa next year.......so either Biaggi or Hayden is going to be out of a ride....Nicky (early 20's) is hanging with the lead group all year, Max (mid 30's) ain't doing much of anything.....any guesses who goes and who stays?

Marco is just giving Val fits......but you know that Val is loving it....kinda boring when you don't have anyone else to play with.....Max is a "neverwas" and Sete is a "hasbeen" so along comes Marco to make Val's swan song next year a real battle for the ages.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most interesting.....the announcer said during the race that Repsol Honda wants to bring up Dani Pedrosa next year.......so either Biaggi or Hayden is going to be out of a ride....Nicky (early 20's) is hanging with the lead group all year, Max (mid 30's) ain't doing much of anything.....any guesses who goes and who stays?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Honda will bring Pedrosa and Vermuelen up as part of a youth movement and Biaggi and Bayliss (and possibly Barros) will be gone. Pedrosa is a nice 250 rider but he is only about 4'-11" and 100 lbs, so I can't see him challenging for the front in MotoGP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Caution...... Assen Spoiler.............. (racesbikes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racesbikes »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honda will bring Pedrosa and Vermuelen up as part of a youth movement and Biaggi and Bayliss (and possibly Barros) will be gone. Pedrosa is a nice 250 rider but he is only about 4'-11" and 100 lbs, so I can't see him challenging for the front in MotoGP. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well...he ain't the only 250 hotshot to be moving up....Andrea may be coming as well.

http://mx.msnusers.com/DANIPED....msnw

Actually, he is 5'2" and 108 lbs. Don't forget, MotoGP is going to 800 cc. He is only 19 and his brother is 14.....going to be around for awhile and maybe his brother as well.

Nomdre: Daniel Pedrosa Ramal
Fecha nacimiento: 29/09/1985
Lugar nacimiento: Sabadell
Residencia: Castellar del Valles
Nombre de la madre: Basilia Ramal
Nombre del padre: Antonio Pedrosa
Nombre del hermano: Eric Pedrosa Ramal
Edad del hermano: 14
Numero: 26
Equipo: Telefonica Movistar Honda 250cc
Moto: Honda
Peso: 49 kg.
Altura: 158 cm.

Modified by roadkill at 8:31 PM 6/26/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Caution...... Assen Spoiler.............. (Giannis)

An interesting comment on the TV coverage was the point if Pedrosa will run a 800cc bike next year, the change aint actually happening until 2007, and with his size (or lack of it) and a years extra development he could really get a jump on the competition and give huge feedback to HRC on the 800. It doesnt make much sense to put on a 990 for just one year does it? Be fascinating to see what develops

Casey Stoner is also being touted as a future MotoGP star too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Rossi, once again a class act..hard to follow

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Caution...... Assen Spoiler.............. (kiwigav)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiwigav »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">An interesting comment on the TV coverage was the point if Pedrosa will run a 800cc bike next year, the change aint actually happening until 2007, and with his size (or lack of it) and a years extra development he could really get a jump on the competition</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is kind of what Suzuki did with their 1000 in the AMA. Yosh Suzuki ran their 750 in '02 and could have ran it again in '03, but decided to get the ball rollin' with the newer 1000 and the bike continues to dominate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Gordon Bennet! Wot can I say about Rossi what hasn't already been said, he is the greatest, unbelievable. Maybe they should tie one hand behind his back to make it more fair. OK?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Caution...... Assen Spoiler...

I wonder about the extent to which Hayden's rate of progress is MotoGP class has been influenced by his crew chiefs. This weekend he finished 4th and was the second Honda after Melandri but I can't help but wonder what the pace of his development might have been had Honda never let Jeremy Burgess get away. This all crossed my mind when I noticed Gibernau struggling to find a good race set-up when his chief mechanic was out sick for a couple of days. Gibernau finished 2nd at Assen last year and won the year before that so its not like its a track a personally had trouble with. Was Gibernau's performance negatively impacted by the temporary loss of his crew chief? Maybe. Maybe not.

I also thought it was interesting that all the riders who finished in the top three were using medium to hard front tires and all of them used a hard rear slick while the rest of the top ten were on medium or in the case of Hayden, soft rears. I took particular note of this since Hayden (and Gibernau at Assen) had no trouble keeping the pace during the first half of the race but couldn't hand as the race and the tires wore on. This has been a problem for Hayden throughout this season whereas in previous years, his quickest laps were often in the 2nd half of races.

Who was responsible for these choices. Nicky? His crew chief? I wonder. I hope Max fall completely out of favor with HRC so Hayden can the full time attention and services of Irv Kanemoto.

I think Melandri's performance has been outstanding this and believe he will continue to improve his competitiveness provided he doesn't get too impatient and hurt himself in the process.

I wish I could figure out what Bayliss' problems have been. Such a good guy. I wonder if he is just not suited to the Honda, they can't get it to suit him or he's just gotten old.

I think Max is done at Honda after this season. He won't be going back to Yamaha either. Not as long as Rossi is there. I could see him on a Michelin-shod factory Ducati next year, probably at Checa's expense.

Tamada will certainly be back. The guy has plenty of talent but injuries may have taken a toll on his performance and his overall confidence. He won two races last year but so far this season he's the last place Honda rider.

Pedrosa and Vermulen will add youth and excitement to the series. I predict they'll be displacing Biaggi and Bayliss respectively.

Until one of the manufacturers comes up with a bike that is substantially superior to whatever Rossi is riding, I can't see anyone ever taking the title from him unless one or more of the younger riders takes a quantum leap forward in their development.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Caution...... Assen Spoiler... (bsess)

I think Melandri is going to beat Rossi head-to-head at least a couple times this year. He's riding fast and smart -- and he keeps getting better and better. If he hadn't had that scare that lost him about a second, he would have been right there to trip up Rossi's final lap. Given the dive-bomb double passes I've seen Marco do on Valentino (and whatever other poor bastard was with him) this season I have no doubt he would have been able to take it to him. He doesn't play it safe like Max and Sete and, more importantly, he can now keep it upright in the process.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts