1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Ducati's problem isn't the carbon frame,' says Stoner | Bikesport News | News

By David Miller
Image by Repsol Media

Repsol Honda's Casey Stoner raised more than a couple of eyebrows at the Misano MotoGP round when he completely contradicted the entire paddock's thinking by saying Ducati's problem isn't with the carbon fibre frame and then went on to not say what he thinks is holding Valentino Rossi up.

Stoner rode for the team when they switched from the steel trellis frame to the carbon one and said they had already tested an aluminium one but the carbon fibre chassis was 'a much better bike'. He is also of the opinion that by the end of the 2010 season, it was so well developed he could have won every race.

"For sure they are in a difficult moment. The new rider didn't expect the bike to be like it is and maybe he will have to change the style a little bit more. They have done everything that has been asked of them, trying a lot of different things and they are still continuing to struggle," said Stoner, speaking to bikesportnews.com.

"I don't really want to say (what the problem is) because everyone else will know. There are things on the bike that I wanted to change for the last couple of years. Our biggest problem when we were there was we didn't have enough budget to push new things but already this year they have had four or five different versions, trying this and trying that and they've had things we never had. We couldn't get anything new from the start of the season till the end.

"When we had the carbon frame they already had an aluminium one they were testing. Everyone is saying bad things about the carbon fibre but you didn't ride the trellis frame. The carbon is a much better bike, we made improvements every year. Last year was the only year we struggled a lot through most of the season until the end and then I believed we had a bike that could win every race. To me the bike is not that bad. Many people criticise the carbon frame but the carbon frame is not the problem.

"They've (Rossi and his squad) said the bike was not developed well in the past and now they have got the bike they wanted a little more and they're still continuing to struggle so I really don't know. They're putting in all the effort they can. When they understand what the problem is, I'm sure they can improve the results but for now they need to get more confidence."

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
I believed we had a bike that could win every race. To me the bike is not that bad. Many people criticise the carbon frame but the carbon frame is not the problem.
Haha, all the muppets here were saying Rossi will turn it into a winner? Like Stoner says, it WAS a winner and the rider is the problem. Just another dig at Rossi's inability to make a fast bike go fast on the track.;)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Jealous much ?! Moaner just can't seem to shut up about Rossi . Now that he's on the best bike , all of a sudden he's an engineer and GOAT all rolled up into one . Showing class like usual when a fellow rider is having a rough time . What terrible luck : he left Ducati right when he and the bike were ready to win every race ! He should be a comedian .:D

·
12,576 Posts
Jealous much ?! Moaner just can't seem to shut up about Rossi . Now that he's on the best bike , all of a sudden he's an engineer and GOAT all rolled up into one . Showing class like usual when a fellow rider is having a rough time . What terrible luck : he left Ducati right when he and the bike were ready to win every race ! He should be a comedian .:D
You must not follow MotoGP at all. He won 3 out of 4 races late in the season and put that thing on pole MANY times. Flossi was the one saying the bike wasn't developed right and now look at it! Stoner is merely pointing out that Flossi had no fukn idea what he was talking about and he has the right to do that.

Again, without every possible advantage, Rossi is just another Nicky Hayden in the field.:D

After this year, Stoner will have as many Championships as Rossi since he joined MotoGP. :D

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
LOL . I follow MotoGP , for the occasional good race . The Duc is a POS with the least potential in the field -- something even Moaner knew before jumping ship . He flounders for 3 years but ... Oh Miracle ... the bike is perfect right when he's leaving ! Hilarious . Do you see anyone winning on the current bike ? Talk to any competent race engineer and he'll tell you a good bike must be rideable by different riders with different styles . Rossi deserves this setback b/c he allowed ego to get in the way , but Moaner's constant cheap shots are pathetic ; like a little kid with the nicest bicycle .

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Moaner's constant cheap shots are pathetic ; like a little kid with the nicest bicycle .
any time rossi ever put pressure on the back of casey moaner he went into the kitty litter

it is easy to now say rossi blows as he rides the crap bike they have given him and just because casey did a few good rides on it does not make it a winning bike. I think rossi not pushing that bike risking a injury to make ducati look good it a great idea. They will now have no choice but to make the bike better like yamaha did or go down with the ship

it is sad that casey moves to the best bike and rossi moves to the worst and now it is kick the man when the bike is down

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Yup , Moaner hasn't been able to handle pressure consistently in the past . This makes Danny's injuries so much more frustrating for fans (and him:eek:) b/c he would have pushed the Aussie earlier , on an equal bike .

Casey Stoner gives yet another interview :

Attachments

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I'm thinking that If Rossi was on Dovi's bike, Casey wouldn't have shit to say about him...

Casey is only able to ride at the top of his game when there is no pressure, last year he dropped out because he was mentally defeated...

Last race he dropped out of contention for the win because he was mentally defeated...

If Jorge keeps applying the pressure, Casey will defeat himself in the championship this season...

and the Duc is a POS, that he couldn't ride right now to save his ass...

·
Registered
409 Posts
What is Rossi's DNF % for this season? He's not pushing it because he knows it's a POS and doesn't want to risk an injury, he needs development time for next year, time he obviously lost this last off season.

Stoner and Pedrosa have the mental fortitude of a piece of paper. Rossi, Lorenzo, Spies and Sic will not break, period. If/when the racing gets close Stoner and Pedrosa will drop down the Championship standings guaranteed.

·
12,576 Posts
I'm thinking that If Rossi was on Dovi's bike, Casey wouldn't have shit to say about him...

Casey is only able to ride at the top of his game when there is no pressure, last year he dropped out because he was mentally defeated...

Last race he dropped out of contention for the win because he was mentally defeated...

If Jorge keeps applying the pressure, Casey will defeat himself in the championship this season...

and the Duc is a POS, that he couldn't ride right now to save his ass...
That Duc won last year and was on pole MANY times. FACT! Rossi has as many poles this year as Hayden. The bike isn't perfect but the rider is OBVIOUSLY the problem. Anyone denying that is just completely retarded. I guess we'll see if Rossi can win 3 out of 4 races like Stoner did late last year.

Rossi was dubbed the king of development by all the morons here and he's riding HIS bike. He was riding a winning bike when the season started and "moaned" to get a new one that he developed. Didn't do shit on either of them. Not a proven winner of a bike or a bike he developed. He's lost it, just come to grips with it.;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
That Duc won last year and was on pole MANY times. FACT! Rossi has as many poles this year as Hayden. The bike isn't perfect but the rider is OBVIOUSLY the problem. Anyone denying that is just completely retarded. I guess we'll see if Rossi can win 3 out of 4 races like Stoner did late last year.

Rossi was dubbed the king of development by all the morons here and he's riding HIS bike. He was riding a winning bike when the season started and "moaned" to get a new one that he developed. Didn't do shit on either of them. Not a proven winner of a bike or a bike he developed. He's lost it, just come to grips with it.;)
IDIOT alert, Yeah the Honda isn't a signifcantly better bike vs anything else fielded right now. Top 4 out of 5 in the last race didn't prove that? Oh yeah, Dovi, Sic are vastly superior in talent/skill to Rossi, dream on Bro.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Ducati's under developed CF frame is not a problem for Casey... he is
enjoying an aluminum tune flex frame and so would Rossi...

Ducati's problem is developing the right amount of frame flex feel
that will give Rossi the confidence to find his into a slide and more
importantly to find his way out of the slide like Stoner's Honda with
the traction control turned way down...

·
12,576 Posts
Then what explains his team mate's and the satellite team's problems? Your hard on for Rossi is comical...
The riders blow? So you're saying you're surprised Abraham/RdP/Capirossi aren't higher up? Those clowns could be riding the Hondas and still not top 10. Haha, I can't believe you are blaming their performance on the bike not being good? Fukn comical! You guys are hysterical. Hey genius, why isn't Elias winning or Aoyama up front?

Hayden is a 7th place rider nowadays. I'd say he's 7th best out there and guess what, he's 7th in the Championship.:rolleyes: And he has as many podiums as Rossi this year.:D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.