Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really have to ask if any one out there uses carfax. I am trying to sell one of my bikes and one of the people who are interested keeps asking for a vin for carfax. I tried looking on their website and they are pretty specific about being for cars. Just wanted some opinions....Is this guy just trying to get the vin or can he actually find out anything from carfax about a bike. Just a note, I don't have anything to hide, just seems strange.

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Actually, you can use it for bikes...By ordering a report, I found that a 999S I was interested in had a salvage title from Virginia...owner "claimed" he never knew....the headaches I saved were worth the $34.95 ...or $39.95...whatever it was. I think there is much less history on bikes through them, but, major things, such as title issues will still show.

If this guy really wants the VIN, it could be for the carfax...or some other purpose. Offer to run one for him and if it's clean...he pays if he buys it....white out a few of the digits and show him the registration with the same digits covered up if you are worried about something else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts