Speedzilla Forums banner

81 - 100 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Lots of pictures, showing the airbox installed.

No filter pictured here so I could verify that the rear portion of the airbox seals against the top of the tank.
I had a LED light behind the tank, I could not see any light inside the airbox through the intake with the tank bolted down.

So a perfect seal all around. Air filter is a paper panel filter with rubber border, seen in previous pictures.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I want one of the sebimoto tanks...duckhunter...you need to make these ASAP:eek::D

·
Registered
293 Posts
The lids for the lidded airbox are not far off. :)

The first bottom section I am molding is a " Race version " as it is a large volume airbox designed for use with a thermostat delete.

The second version I am doing is the " street version " and allows the use of the OEM thermostat, like the previous T1 - now DHC open top airbox kits.
The first production unit of the street version is already spoken for.

More soon.

·
Registered
293 Posts
More progress pics, all fresh off the molds with a clear gel coat top layer.

Also pictured, the newest mold in action.... a small plain weave tank pad in the making.

:cool:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Filter updates,

Original square panel setup, and the newer one... rectangular design. More surface area.

Here is a closed airbox intake opening right beside the square panel filter cutout...

·
Registered
408 Posts
just curious and thought about this for a while, why don't we just use pod filters directly on the throttle bode/velocity stacks? That was the setup I used on my 2000 sv650 with a lifted front tank about an extra 3/4" to help with airflow in. Seems it would save much more weight and no air box needed.
The answer to my own question that I can come up with is maybe too much heat and or no filter will fit? any ideas or clarification.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
You lose ram air and pressurization by doing that. You won't find that kind of setup on any modern, properly tuned liter bike in racing.
Ok. Good enough answer for me, didnt realize pressure in the airbox made that large of diffrence but I'm no engineer.

·
Registered
324 Posts
lets make it happen......Can't wait!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
One of the first completed DHC open top airbox kits.

- New style Tank seals featuring ribbed top for better / easy air seal against the tank.

- Silicone rubber grommets for plug harness and front tank mount.

- Riv nuts in place for installing BARO sensor.

- All rubber grommets.

- Cotton / Screen Filter with 1 extra replacement.

- Clear coated after moulding for protective finish against Gas/Oils/UV.

PM for all interest. :cool:

DHC

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
One of the first completed DHC open top airbox kits.

- New style Tank seals featuring ribbed top for better / easy air seal against the tank.

- Silicone rubber grommets for plug harness and front tank mount.

- Riv nuts in place for installing BARO sensor.

- All rubber grommets.

- Cotton / Screen Filter with 1 extra replacement.

- Clear coated after moulding for protective finish against Gas/Oils/UV.

PM for all interest. :cool:

DHC

What happened to the paper filter idea?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here is my three sided battery relocation tray. Works with my front mounts as well.

Very strong unit, does not even flex when the YTZ7S battery is laid on.

81 - 100 of 202 Posts