Speedzilla Forums banner

41 - 60 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
That looks sweet !

Matt, I think the sp-1 box will not fit an sp-2 frame because the sp-2 has gussets in the front (last picture) and that is what the dimples beside the air hole are for. Also the Throttle body holes are smaller on an sp-1 box.

However the sp-2 box will fit both and if you made sp-2 boxes only and waited to cut the holes until your customer specified which model it would save you time and allow you to build generic inventory.

You probably knew this but just putting it out there.

Also there is a product called sikoflex that STUNNA insisted we use to fasten the tank gasket it worked GREAT :D with safeteywire as added insurance.

And if anyone needs a top-notch install HRC certified team "WHITWNGS and STUN-GUN" are the bitches of choice:D:D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
SP1 airbox ? Wtf is that ? LOL

Brett offered me the choice of Sp1 or 2 airbox molds - I jumped on the SP2 one as I knew it was the one to have if at all.

I only make Sp2 airboxes, as I know they fit both models. :rolleyes::D:cool:

I have all the molds for making the silkoflex gaskets as well and the OEM throttle body connector plug mold, more soon.

Next up is the HRC / MORI / Squidskins copy version I am molding up right now.

First one of these will be in twill weave as well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here is the very first 99% completed snorkel I have made for my own bike.

It fits perfectly and is done in a matte finish, as that is the plan for my full bodywork set when I make that. :cool:

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
All the stock Carbon on my Mille-R was a dry/Matte look originally. but the PO had it all cleared with 4 layers of clear for the "wet" look. i prefer the wet look. But that does look really good.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here is the new filter setup that is to be used with my Airbox kits.

Paper panel filter with a wire grill on one side, widely available. I will supply one filter with my kits, you can order extras or re-order at any time.

I can even give you the part number and you can source locally yourself.

:D

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for the interest.

It is still in the plug building stage at this time, as I am changing the bottom of the airbox to allow for the thermostat to stay in place.

The other version is much like the MORI ( Carbon / FRP ) airbox or Sqidskins fiberglass airbox - it will require the relocation or removal of the OEM thermostat, but offers more airbox volume.

It would be available with the new version of MORI / T1 snorkel I am working on as a kit as well.

So two kits soon, a DH/T1 Snorkel / Airbox kit and/or the DH/Mori ( copy ) Snorkel / Airbox kit.

Will be nice to have a few choices available on the matter for those who still have an RC. :cool:

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Haven't been here\seen this thread in awhile and I've got to say... Hey Duc., You're making some Mighty Fine looking parts!

Love you matte finished>> Carbon Snorkel, I'd like mine just like that!

It's just going to be awhile before I get these things>> $$ together soz I can..

Again Sweet Work!

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
402 Posts
Great work Matt, and considering you had no back ground in Carbon work it must come down to your attitude into making it happen , sure the feedback on your refined air-filter and other improvements will be positive, good luck with everything, Brett

·
Registered
293 Posts
Great work Matt, and considering you had no back ground in Carbon work it must come down to your attitude into making it happen , sure the feedback on your refined air-filter and other improvements will be positive, good luck with everything, Brett
Thanks so much for your continued support Brett, It is truly an awesome gift to be working with your molds and self training myself in this queer practice of laminating carbon and build composites in all shapes and forms.

Cheers Brett ;):cool:, Matt

It really has been a sharp learning curve to put myself through and things look promising as I have just about completed my first mold, a custom shaped tank pad for the RC51.
I am now molding the lid for my lidded airbox. :)
A few pictures, The Tank pad mold had peeled a little gel coat, but that is a simple fix and it will be ready to produce soon.

Available soon, :cool:

41 - 60 of 202 Posts