Speedzilla Forums banner

21 - 40 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Duckhunter - You forgot to mention, still not finished with the top clearcoat or polished since it needs assembling of the individual pieces to make a whole. Anyways, it'll be clear for all to see when it's completed.
Very true, buddy.

This is fresh off the mold - so after I build the full snorkel ( 2 parts ) I then fine sand it, have it cleared by my paint shop friend.
Then cut polish and wax before packaging and shipping to the proposed customer.

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Very true, buddy.

This is fresh off the mold - so after I build the full snorkel ( 2 parts ) I then fine sand it, have it cleared by my paint shop friend.
Then cut polish and wax before packaging and shipping to the proposed customer.
you can cut processing time by making a glass like surface on your molds and have the clearcoat sprayed into the mold as an in mold coating, then you can laminate over this and have it all done and ready to ship after popping it out of the mold.

It can help turn around times, less handling and manual labor after the fact... if you have volume that you want to pump out and sell.

do you have a website or anything? I like ogling at stuff :)

Looks fun! makes me wish I had more time/better at time management...

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I'm glad to see folks are still making parts for these.

LOL NO Kidding Mang., a MC which has NOT even been made\Sold since what,.... 2005\2006?

Plus, a MC that most likely sold maybe 15 to 20% of the quanity of a CBR600RR has sold during the sametime period!

Matt, Your RED amd BLACK RamAir Duct Looks Awesome! It's going to be the Gen.2 style, Yes/No, Price?

Happy Thanksgiving to you two and Everyone Else here as well!
God Bless,

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
293 Posts
you can cut processing time by making a glass like surface on your molds and have the clearcoat sprayed into the mold as an in mold coating, then you can laminate over this and have it all done and ready to ship after popping it out of the mold.

It can help turn around times, less handling and manual labor after the fact... if you have volume that you want to pump out and sell.

do you have a website or anything? I like ogling at stuff :)

Looks fun! makes me wish I had more time/better at time management...
No website - Just good parts ;) If someone wants something ? One on one via email or PM is the best way. :cool:
Plus 1 with Simon on Both acounts Matt.;)

I think I'd like to try another RamAir Snorkel, sometime next year.. Let us know when You can,
What you will be asking $$ for them?

Peace Jeff
You and Simon are more then welcome to place the order for choice of snorkel whenever. Wait time will vary - I am a full time joe with 2 kidlets and a wife that stays home to mind them.
Pricing is dependent on material choice and shipping location, but pretty similar pricing to Brett's.
Cheers, and thanks for the interest and support. :cool:

PS - ONLY THE MK2 is available - MORI/HRC version available soon too. ( see below, a merge of the two :) with an endurance projector kit included - for use with my upcoming fairing kits. Made from Kevlar/Carbon and styled after the Suzuka 8hr RC )

·
Registered
402 Posts
Looks good Matt, good luck with it all.

Pity something never change as soon as Carbon is mentioned here a certain pain in the ass dribble's his negative crap, something wrong with that guy, I mean 10 years later ,come on... **** me !

·
Registered
293 Posts
congrats! looks cool!
Thanks Man :cool:
Looks good Matt, good luck with it all.

Pity something never change as soon as Carbon is mentioned here a certain pain in the ass dribble's his negative crap, something wrong with that guy, I mean 10 years later ,come on... **** me !
Hi Brett ! Thanks so much for your kind words ( That means a lot considering you designed/built all these things ! ) and thanks again for the opportunity to purchase your molds - I am just sorry I was not able to get the rest of them :( as I had wanted.
Cheers !

And on that certain somebody :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: he has got nothing on me and is just jealous he fluffed his chance at the market.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wet-sanding the very first red kevlar / carbon snorkel, then it will get riv nuts installed and off for clear coating.

Also, started doing twill weave snorkels last week.
The latest off the mold belongs to RCDevil.

Lots more coming up for 2014...:cool:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here is my very first twill snorkel, I am wet sanding up to 2000 grit before clearing them.
This one is still at 1000.
They are not perfect, but pretty close for my first few.

Still have to drill all the mounting holes and install the Riv nuts.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here is two plain weave speedo brackets after first coat of clear, then wet sand... then clear and wetsand again with 2000 grit... before polishing.
More soon.:cool:

21 - 40 of 202 Posts