Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted, in a ChatterBox! ad in the June issue of Sport Rider, a rider wearing a full carbon fiber HJC helmet. Has anyone ever seen one of these helmets on the market or anywhere on the net for that matter? I've done some searching and came up empy handed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Carbon Fiber HJC Helmet (blkhalo996)

my buddy contemplated buying one, but it was too expensive for him
let me try to dig it up.. (this was a while ago mind you, half a year, it might be a different helmet than that which you speak of)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Carbon Fiber HJC Helmet (dj_wawa)

here we go

Vemar VSR Carbon Road Racing Full Face Helmet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Milhouse)

~800 bucks

shop around, I remember my bud having quite the deal on it, low 700 bucks iirc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (dj_wawa)

I just picked up one of the Vemars for $800. HJC, I think? Does make a full carbon one, but for Harley. It is $400+/- but has Harley Davidson printed on the side.

BMW also produces a full carbon helmet, but according to my local BMW dealers, they won't import them into the states because of liablilty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Carbon Fiber HJC Helmet (dj_wawa)

Vemar makes the helmet and right now Helmet Harbor is the only place I ever seen one for sale. Usually its place your money and wait. Heard it passes DOT/SNELL and BSI but don't quote me on that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Carbon Fiber HJC Helmet (drthompson65)

The Vemar is DOT and BSI, but not Snell, if memory serves me...I'll have to check when I get home. Comes w/ two visors, and additional pads, and a bag which was nicer than the one which came w/ my Arai RR3

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Carbon Fiber HJC Helmet (f4mille)

I got my Vemar carbon at the L.A. motorcycle show from BMW of L.A. The show price was $749. It's the lightest most comforable helmet I've ever owned. It does come with 2 face shields--clear and smoke but ordered an iridium sheild for summer. It's kinduv purple/yellow color.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
please help me here.....and what is the attraction of a carbon fibre helmet? super strong, super rigid, super light but also super brittle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Carbon Fiber HJC Helmet (moomba)

i can get one for $650 but am unsure if it is worth it?

did everybody get theirs from helmet harbor?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Carbon Fiber HJC Helmet (mrgrn)

moomba can you help me out?

how long of a wait am i looking from you, real time please.

any idea where i can get a size idea for this helmet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thanks for the input, guys. Sorry for my late response back,,,been without net due to travel to work.

This helmet in the June issue of Sport Rider, in the ChatterBox! add, is definantly not the Vemar model,,,it could be the one made for Harley by HJC,,,,they might have removed the Harley name from it. It would be ironic if it was one though,,,in the ad, the guy is on a Ducati 998.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well, I just got a response back from HJC Customer Support,,,this is a new helmet that they are planning to make available to the public this September. I responded back to them with an inquiry on the pirce and specs. If I get anymore information, I'll pass it on.

Why is carbon fiber so damn addictive!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrgrn »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">moomba can you help me out?

how long of a wait am i looking from you, real time please.

any idea where i can get a size idea for this helmet?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry for the late reply. We are moving to a new location and putting our dyno in a trailer so things have been hectic.

If mrgrn can get you the Vemar for $650, go through him because that's even below dealer cost!!! The best price that I can do is $749.95 (plus shipping to you) and we can get it in 1-2 days. Retail is $899.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkhalo996 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why is carbon fiber so damn addictive!!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Gee... I don't know (insert sound of sparky setting down one of the two new pieces of carbon recently purchased here)...
I've seen the Vemar before. Very pretty. If you have a picture of the HJC that could be scanned, I wouldn't mind a peek.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Carbon Fiber HJC Helmet (Latebraker)

How ironic can it be that Harley-Davidson, of all companies, would offer a high-tech carbon fiber helmet! Shouldn't they sell a chrome-plated aluminum helmet instead?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Carbon Fiber HJC Helmet (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How ironic can it be that Harley-Davidson, of all companies, would offer a high-tech carbon fiber helmet! </TD></TR></TABLE>

And a full face one at that!
I would have expected a CF beanie.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Carbon Fiber HJC Helmet (AZ Scott)

The MSRP on that helmet is $450, but you could probably buy it for even less since so many Harley riders don't wear helmets let alone full face helmets.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts