Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the high mount Sato fit the 01 RC51? Cos the 01 RC51 has only the option of the normal mount.

Wat are the differences between the 01 and the 02 exhaust system?

From the manual, I cant tell any differences?

Anyone care to explain?

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Can the Sato high mount (not the banzai, but higher than the norm ... (liftweb)

Ok, 1st thing...posting a question like this will get you flamed to no end... while its something you don't know...it's quite possibly a topic thats been beat to death on these boards and some tend to get a little testy about it. Your question has been answered a million times here...FYI, check out http://www.rc51.org and read, read, read!

the High mount and standard mount can be ordered for all 00-05, the banzi is only available for the 02-05. reason being is one of the changes from 01-02 was the addition of a longer swingarm. Therefore the 00-01 cannot accomodate the length of midpipe/canister of the banzi.

PS...I'm 95% sure about the years, but someone else help with whether the highs are available for the sp2 models... thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Can the Sato high mount (sizmtrz)

PS...I'm 95% sure about the years, but someone else help with whether the highs are available for the sp2 models... thanks

Or, you can do a search!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Can the Sato high mount (sizmtrz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sizmtrz »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PS...I'm 95% sure about the years, but someone else help with whether the highs are available for the sp2 models... thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have sato highs on my 02, but I don't know if they are still available.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Can the Sato high mount (rcebrnr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rcebrnr »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...don't know if they are still available.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sato used to make highmounts for 02 & up, but they do not anymore. Just Banzais...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by liftweb »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">..What are the differences between the 01 and the 02 exhaust system?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Slip-on systems are in 2 major categories.

1. 00-01 systems
2. 02 & up systems

They are not interchangable either way. It has nothing to do w/ the "style" (ie - high-mounts, banzais, low, etc.). It has to do with the exiting angles of the header pipes.

PS- Be careful when ordering some exhaust systems. Some companies list RC51 exhaust incorrectly. If a company claims that their slip-ons fit all year models, they are full of it. Call them to verify.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Can the Sato high mount (dhdrider)

Currently, the "high mounts" are made for the sp-1, 00-01 and the "Banzais" are made for the sp-2, 02-05.

Both the Banzais and High Mounts are high mounts slip on kits.

They just havea different name depending on wether you have a 00-01 or an 02-05 model rc51.

They do also look a little different than each other.

http://kyleusa.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Can the Sato high mount (ebnash)

Shit, I guess I am wrong. Just went to the Kyle website and they don't have anything listed for the sp-1's anymore. Would still be worth it to call Dan to see if he still has any. I know 3stripes just got a set of high mounts for his sp-1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts