Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Monster in the LA area that I am interested in, but the problem is that I am in MA and CA is a long commute. I think the guy said he was in San Bernadino, but that is from memory and I can confirm if it makes a difference. I am not sure how spread out in Cali - you can practically walk around Boston so that's my perspective.

Let me know!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Can someone in LA check out a Monster for me? (Nick D.)

Shoot me the details, Im just abit south of there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Can someone in LA check out a Monster for me? (Ducman851)

THANKS!! I have an e-mail out to the seller and will keep you posted.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Can someone in LA check out a Monster for me? (Ducman851)

The monster is at "Santa Monica on 17th and Broadway". Is that still convenient for you?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

i might be able to check it out for you. I bought my monster off a guy in Venice(next to SM)...you can IM or email me. Where in MA are you from. I am originally from there!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Can someone in LA check out a Monster for me? (duc_748)

I can do that for ya. Im about 10 min south of Santa Monica. Send me an e-mail and let me know
[email protected]
Scott

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by duc_748 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i might be able to check it out for you. I bought my monster off a guy in Venice(next to SM)...you can IM or email me. Where in MA are you from. I am originally from there!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

We are still going back and forth on price and trying to figure out the best way to ship it to MA, but when we work all of that out I'll let you know. Thanks for the favor! I owe you one (need tax advice
)!!

I live in Wilmington, which is 20 minutes north of Boston, and close enough to the coast so I can get myself and my flyrod in fishable waters in about 45 minutes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ok, sounds cool. i grew up in Foxboro and cape cod. I have to say, being able to ride every day all year in Socal is amazing, not missing riding in 30-40 degree weather!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by duc_748 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i grew up in Foxboro and cape cod. I have to say, being able to ride every day all year in Socal is amazing, not missing riding in 30-40 degree weather!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mmmm...I wish I could say the same. Speaking of 40* weather, we are supposed to get some this weekend until late Monday. A 'nor-easter is blowing in with all the wet, cold and nastiness they bring during the winter less the snow. FUN!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

sounds like no riding for you! just head over to dunkin dounuts instead! for a caw-fee!

what model monster is it?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by duc_748 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like no riding for you! just head over to dunkin dounuts instead! for a caw-fee!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

HA HA HA...
This makes 3 washed out weekends in a row. I just hope its not a precident for the summer.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by duc_748 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what model monster is it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its a 2001 M900s, in supposedly mint shape with DP pipes, clip-ons, new treads, and a couple of cosmeticy things here and there. I guess the owner is very analy about things and besides the few bits and pieces the bike is mint and un-chopped, painted, or dented with all services done by good shops including the 6K at BCM. Funny thing is the guy actually lived in MA until about 6 months ago. The complicating issue is the shipping which adds another 10% on to the price.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thats what i got: 2001 M900 dark, forza pipes, powercommaner II , adj levers. It had 14k and it and was pretty clean, got it for $4300.00, crazy good deal. FIY you will need a steering damper unless you dont drive over 75mph, its downright dangerous in stock form over that speed. I had a tragic death wobble once while passing a semi, not fun!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick D. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Its a 2001 M900s, in supposedly mint shape with DP pipes, clip-ons, new treads, and a couple of cosmeticy things here and there. I guess the owner is very analy about things and besides the few bits and pieces the bike is mint and un-chopped, painted, or dented with all services done by good shops including the 6K at BCM. Funny thing is the guy actually lived in MA until about 6 months ago. The complicating issue is the shipping which adds another 10% on to the price.</TD></TR></TABLE>
is it an "s" model, didnt know they made one?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

They sure did. Actually there is a dealership in MA who wants $8,995 for a brangity-newgity one right out of the crate, yellow, M900s with factory CF, and upgraded this and that. Not sure $9G is a good deal for what is really a 4 year old bike though. The 2.9% financing does make it an attractive deal compared to used.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

HAHA. I grew up in Northfield, Ma., it borders Vt. and N.H.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Can someone in LA check out a Monster for me? (Capt. Home Slice)

I think I have been deer hunting in Northfield a few times! Pretty place.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

You scared me for a minute...I thought one of my ex-wives had relocated!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick D. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I have been deer hunting in Northfield a few times! Pretty place.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That doesn't suprise me. There are Tons of deer hunters there. Get anything?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'll check that bike out if you want... it sounds like it's a few miles from me.

edit: wait.. that's tarik's bike. i know that bike. looks brank spankin' new. it's everything he says it is.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Can someone in LA check out a Monster for me? (Capt. Home Slice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Capt. Home Slice »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That doesn't suprise me. There are Tons of deer hunters there. Get anything?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. I am a sucky deer hunter. I prefer ducks so my technique is way off. I like to move around and have a hard time sitting still in such cold weather. It ends up being a great walk in the fall woods. Now if we are talking black ducks in the salt marsh, well THAT's another story.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by derby »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">edit: wait.. that's tarik's bike. i know that bike. looks brank spankin' new. it's everything he says it is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually it is Tarik's bike. Looks great in pics and he is a decent guy to talk to. We touched base by cellphone and he sounded like a straight shooter (I've got to get away from the gun analogies) which just makes the process easier.

How do these long-distance things normally work? Do I send him the total before receiving the bike or do I send half up front with the other half upon receipt?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts