Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im doin overhaul to my Rc & i wanted to change to JE piston...Im found that both cylinder head have scratches & piston rod..
Can i know what the cause & how to prevent it again...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is the picture of internal head cylinder

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This from the con rod...

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
can you post bigger pics of the cylinders? can't tell if it's normal wear or something is out of whack from those little things

as far as wear from the back side of the bearing to the connecting rod, the only thing i can think that would do that is a worn out bearing jiggling around or a loose end cap. but from what i can tell, it looks like the bearings are still in there, so it could be an oiling issue, or possibly they're just worn out

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry cant post clearly due cheap camera...
But amechanic told me that it coud be oil lose pressure...
Both cylinder have the same marking wear.....

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
If I remember correctly scratch marks on cylinders are a pretty common sight on this bike (piston slap?) and Honda has long claimed they do not affect reliability. I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be around filling you in.
As for the rods... sorry but my jaded old eyes cannot make much out of that picture. :(

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cyclinder marks are brown rubbing with the piston...

·
Registered
735 Posts
The camera isn't cheap... you just don't know how to use it. Hold it back a good distance and use the ZOOM to get close instead of holding the part a foot from the camera.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Max,

scoring on the cylinder liners is very common in these engines. Have a look at this link, there's been others posted too since I've been around.

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/rc...nder-work-bore-oversize-nickasil-coating.html

I don't think there's anything you can do to prevent it happening again, at least to some degree. When JD Hord built my engine we used an unknown and well used base motor. I fully expected to encounter this issue and we did. In the end I left it to him to decide if it warranted re-lining or not and he went head and did it using Millenium Technologies ... all I had to do was pay :) One f the beauties of Millenium is they will exactly match you cylinder liners to your new pistons if you send them along too.

Check it out:

Cylinder Repair, Head Repair, Cylinder Replating Services by Millennium Technologies

Jimmy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts