Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this bike. Well, I should say that I bought it two months ago, and http://www.haulbikes.com just got around to delivering it this past weekend. Jerks!
Anyway, that aside, the seller thought the mufflers on the bike were FBF slip-ons. However, since the front cap on the right one has a little dent in it, I wrote FBF to ask them if they could repair it or sell me a new front cap, so I could repair it myself. They wrote back that these were not their mufflers. How embarrassing for me.
I've looked around a bit, but can't seem to figure out who made these. Anyone out there know perhaps? Thanks in advance. Love this board. Marty in SLC, UT.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the same ones on my monster.
The guy at the Duc shop told me Giancomo Moto or something. Some please help as I know I am not spelling that name right.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (3ducks)

Gia Ca Moto is correct, they were also offered thru Ducati Performance but I think the chances of finding a new replacement end cap will most likely be a bit tough.. Maybe someone here has a crashed one with a good cap....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Can anyone ID these mufflers on my '96 900SS/SP? (Marty in UT)

when i bought the Hotrod M944 way back when it had a set of cans that looked very similar on it. they were 2 brothers racing. may want to check with them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Can anyone ID these mufflers on my '96 900SS/SP? (mikeinwi.)

I second the 2 bros guess...they look like the ones I had on my old VFR750. They've changed the look since, though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little offtopic, but are those rearsets stock black or are they the aluminum ones repainted black?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (JonHsiung)

They are the stock pegs and brackets. 96s came that way. Would prefer the natural aluminum color myself. Might get ambitious someday and bead blast them and polish them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (Marty in UT)

...unless someone wanted to work out a trade...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts