Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes but ask yourself 2 questions

1. how mechanically inclined are you

2. whats your intended use of the bike

if you have an sp2 especially, the swingarm is a highly engineered piece that really handles high performance riding such as track day use. if you have an SP1 id do the sp2 swinger swap. it looks good and is very functional. the SSS is going to give you LESS performance.

it is also pretty labor intensive. im not sure all the ins and outs on the RC but for my VTR, it requires custom fabbed suspension linkage, a new shock, a custom exhaust header, drilling the frame, and a host of other modification to get it all to work. also keep in mind its a different length so that changes handling.

its really just for looks and if you love the look that much and dont do track days, go for it. just keep in mind only HALF of it looks cool. the other side looks like poo. just my 2 cents.

·
ole dirt bastard
998 Posts
yes but ask yourself 2 questions

1. how mechanically inclined are you

2. whats your intended use of the bike

if you have an sp2 especially, the swingarm is a highly engineered piece that really handles high performance riding such as track day use. if you have an SP1 id do the sp2 swinger swap. it looks good and is very functional. the SSS is going to give you LESS performance.

it is also pretty labor intensive. im not sure all the ins and outs on the RC but for my VTR, it requires custom fabbed suspension linkage, a new shock, a custom exhaust header, drilling the frame, and a host of other modification to get it all to work. also keep in mind its a different length so that changes handling.

its really just for looks and if you love the look that much and dont do track days, go for it. just keep in mind only HALF of it looks cool. the other side looks like poo. just my 2 cents.

he would probably do ok with track days.
after all he isnt king casey!
but it is a lot of work.
personally i wouldnt molest an rc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
he would probably do ok with track days.
after all he isnt king casey!
but it is a lot of work.
personally i wouldnt molest an rc.
he would for sure be okay for track days. but who wants to be just okay right?
im just pointing out the fact that the stock swingarm is built for track performance and the VFR swinger isnt. not a bad swingarm. just not the track type performance that RC swinger offers.

i too never liked the look of an RC with a SSS. why start detuning a race bike?
thats just my take though. i mold my bikes for optimum performance but i do realize thats not what everyone uses their bikes for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts