Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to hear where you guys mount you cameras for track days and riding on the street. Got a gopro for christmas and have yet to try it out. Just curious where's a good spot to mount it.

*And yes, my windscreen is black, so top of the tank prob won't work unless i turn it so it faces me.

Also, any of you guys use a lap timer and if so, where's a good place to mount it?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Here are a couple of my different mounting places. The tail works good if you want to see what you are doing with your body position, the tank and side work well to see your lines on the track. The side mounted video is with a contourHD, the others are with a gopro. I really prefer the gopro, but it isn't as streamlined when mounted on the side of the bike, but the contour made really shitty video that way. I really prefer the tail mount, as I can see what I am doing. One of the instructors brought up the fact that although it may look cool to show what is in front of you, most of us already know what the track looks like. Point the camera at yourself and see what you are doing and what you can improve on.

MSR Cresson 10/5 - YouTube

·
Registered
735 Posts
Side/ front of the bike if you want to impress your friends. Rear of the tail if you want to improve body position. :)

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Agreed, tail mount is great for body position, also a mount on the top of the windshield with the camera pointed at you. I found that a video of your throttle hand was cool too, interesting to see throttle input and braking...

·
Registered
45 Posts
The only thing good that came from owning a gsxr.
The stock reflector + boredom = good contour mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.