Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
interesting that the rumor of Rossi helping the yamaha WSBK squad were actually pretty true...

"Jules Cisek: There's a little mythology about Valentino Rossi testing your bike at Brno, and finding some sort of magical setting. Was there some truth to that? Did you guys get some insights?

Cal Crutchlow: Yeah, I'll be truthful about it. Everybody says, especially the Italian press, Valentino turned the bike around and then we went to win on it. But that's not necessarily the case because Valentino Rossi wasn't riding the bike. And yeah, he helped out definitely. His setup was completely different to mine because he's taller. Yeah, he's similar weight, but he rides the bike completely different. But for me, what he did do was he really, really helped with setting of the bottom of the engine, just opening the throttle the first 15 percent. He put a wet map adjusted in the bike and just used that just to make the bike a lot smoother and less aggressive. We went to Silverstone and we did use it, and I found it helped, and that's why Valentino Rossi's the best rider in the world, or has been the best rider in the world for, I'd say, sort of over the last 10 years. If you look at what he's been able to do, he's definitely been the man to beat and the most recognized motorcycle racer ever, really. So for him to ride the bike and give some input was an honor, and it was nice to sort of hear his comments from riding our machines."

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...cal said he rode the bike so he should get credit for THAT. But he does go to say that Rossi did change settings, mapping and suspension and it did help them go faster. I think any motogp rider hopping on a wsbk bike would be able to help them since they come from such faster and more precise bikes, that ridding a wsbk gives them time to see the problems at a much more slower pace and with a broader brush than a gp bike, where 1mm can change the entire bike...... Add the fact that Rossi is known FOR AT LEAST his development skills throughout his career and I'm sure he helped SOME

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sorry if this isn't the right place for this. But Jami, why do you have stick up your ass about Rossi? Seems like you can't give him a single positive thing. I'll admit, a lot of people jump on the rossi band wagon, but give credit where credit is do. 9 world championships

·
Once bitten twice shy...
1,980 Posts
Jami can't... simply because he's a hater. No disrespect.

I don't know why he interprets what Crutchlow said as too much hype... all he said was that he (Rossi) didn't ride the bike to the win, but goes on to say that he's best rider in the world.

So Jami selectively reads what he wants... kinda like the press does to misconstrue what people say and take it out of context... after a while you just prepare yourself for the nonsense and accept that its just the way he is... kinda like Larry and V4 stuff.:twocents

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
but give credit where credit is do. 9 world championships
Yes, he did win those Championships! Happy?

"Dump more fuel in the engine" is a noble concept if you don't have to ride the bike a defined distance with a defined amount of fuel over a given distance.:rolleyes:

Surely he was quick on the machine but he didn't have to ride a bike that conformed to ANY rules or restrictions of WSBK. Certainly he could've ridden a bike without any intake/fuel consumption/tire/suspension restrictions. If you have a GP rider riding the bike during a test, you would set it up to go as fast as possible since you wouldn't have to conform to any rulebook. No?

You probably think Rossi's a real doctor. Don't you?

The bike just got pole, but if Rossi gets a pole next year on it, it's cuz he's a development genius, right? It'll be the bike Rossi developed. We're all seeing what kind of a rider Rossi is when he doesn't have the best equipment. He's no longer the darling of Yamaha and he's pedestrian, at best, on an average bike. So telling..............

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yes, he did win those Championships! Happy?

"Dump more fuel in the engine" is a noble concept if you don't have to ride the bike a defined distance with a defined amount of fuel over a given distance.:rolleyes:

Surely he was quick on the machine but he didn't have to ride a bike that conformed to ANY rules or restrictions of WSBK. Certainly he could've ridden a bike without any intake/fuel consumption/tire/suspension restrictions. If you have a GP rider riding the bike during a test, you would set it up to go as fast as possible since you wouldn't have to conform to any rulebook. No?

You probably think Rossi's a real doctor. Don't you?

The bike just got pole, but if Rossi gets a pole next year on it, it's cuz he's a development genius, right? It'll be the bike Rossi developed. We're all seeing what kind of a rider Rossi is when he doesn't have the best equipment. He's no longer the darling of Yamaha and he's pedestrian, at best, on an average bike. So telling..............
Didn't they use Rossi's map at Silverstone?

If Rossi is "pedestrian, at best" how do you rate your boy Nicky?

Need a saw to go with that limb?

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Jami can't... simply because he's a hater. No disrespect.

I don't know why he interprets what Crutchlow said as too much hype... all he said was that he (Rossi) didn't ride the bike to the win, but goes on to say that he's best rider in the world.

So Jami selectively reads what he wants... kinda like the press does to misconstrue what people say and take it out of context... after a while you just prepare yourself for the nonsense and accept that its just the way he is... kinda like Larry and V4 stuff.:twocents
Well said. Personally, I've just found it easier to put all the fanatics/haters on Ignore. It makes for a much more pleasant forum experience, in my view, without all the one-sided BS. To complete the picture, they should, in turn, put me on Ignore. That would be good for the forum. :)

So far...I'm now not seeing 3 members posts. It's kinda fun to completely ignore the rantings.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Well said. Personally, I've just found it easier to put all the fanatics/haters on Ignore. It makes for a much more pleasant forum experience, in my view, without all the one-sided BS. To complete the picture, they should, in turn, put me on Ignore. That would be good for the forum. :)

So far...I'm now not seeing 3 members posts. It's kinda fun to completely ignore the rantings.
Good idea!

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Rossi also suggested that Yamaha spin the R1's crank backwards to cancel it's
long and ponderous gyroscopic procession... Yamaha said no... wait till next year Cal...

MotoGp I4 versus V4 Crank Spin by busylittleshop, on Flickr

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

Its easier if you understand how to debate a hot topic without taking it all
personally... because if you can't kid you can live... first you're hitting the ignore
button next thing you know you're holed up in a cabin like the Uni Bomber...

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts

can you see me?:D J/K

i have had a few on for almost two years, bliss

·
12,576 Posts
can you see me?:D J/K

i have had a few on for almost two years, bliss
Trust me! No one wants to be like you. You're hated on countless forums and have been banned from as many as well. Most people on this and other forums are just waiting for you to off yourself.;)

·
12,576 Posts
Didn't they use Rossi's map at Silverstone?

If Rossi is "pedestrian, at best" how do you rate your boy Nicky?

Need a saw to go with that limb?
Can you post a link to the confirmation that they used the EXACT Rossi map that weekend? Cal didn't allude to that, did he?:confused:

Nicky was fastest in WUP but I'd put him as 5th or 6th best rider on the grid and he's not even the premier rider on his team. Nor was he the #1 rider on his team when he made Rosy, err Rossi choke in '06. Jorge will be the only other "2nd" rider to win a title in quite some time.

And why would anyone be afraid to go out on a limb? After all, that's where the fruit is.;)

On second thought, just root for the favorite and wind up the excuse generator when he loses. Like this year, for instance!:clapper

·
Registered
409 Posts
Can you post a link to the confirmation that they used the EXACT Rossi map that weekend? Cal didn't allude to that, did he?:confused:

Nicky was fastest in WUP but I'd put him as 5th or 6th best rider on the grid and he's not even the premier rider on his team. Nor was he the #1 rider on his team when he made Rosy, err Rossi choke in '06. Jorge will be the only other "2nd" rider to win a title in quite some time.

And why would anyone be afraid to go out on a limb? After all, that's where the fruit is.;)

On second thought, just root for the favorite and wind up the excuse generator when he loses. Like this year, for instance!:clapper
Cal did allude to using the map but I doubt it would be the exact map as they probably change it to compensate for weather and other variables. I think he was just talking about the added fuel at low throttle to soften it up a bit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nicky beats Rossi next year. I'm a fan of both but I think Rossi's ability to help in the setup will put him in front of Nicky after a few races. Should be interesting.

Nicky and Ben both showed some aggression today. Ben will be awesome next year.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts