Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the new Honda's are here, and the resounding response is...:confused: :banghead

I was really hoping to see some version of the popular NAS from a couple years ago. I was hoping to see a completely new CBR1000RR (Miguel must be pulling his graying hair out by now). The closest thing to a completely new bike they introduced is the NSF 100.:rolleyes:

So that got me to thinking, what are they developing for 2007? Is this the long calm before the storm? What if they've delayed the next generation CBR because it's going to be an affordable V5. Not the specialty bike everybody was expecting (see Desmosidici).

And does this mean they'll be releasing the next gen CBR1000RR and CBR600RR in the same year?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I think the RC was OK. Everything else was so very......so-so. Didnt like the 600rr colors. Orange :wtf ?? Guess the stunters will like that one.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
don't kid yourself honda has done nothing to stun since the rc45. the rc51,929,954,1000rr never won best liter. it was the r1, then the suzi, then the zx10r. honda makes good average bikes that is it, no v-5 is coming, no class leading HP, no lightest most brutish, never going to happen.

i think the new rr is butt ass ugly, i am gettin another 2004 rr

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well put mrgrn. Let's be honest, how many people are going to go out and plonk $12K on a new RC-51?

For $5K, I can modify an RC to semi respectable status and performance, fork rebuild, damper, pipes, shock, etc. And in the end also reduce weight. For a manufacturer, they could do all that for a lot less, add $3K to the sticker and put a lot of smiles on the faces of V-Twin lover around the world.

A Silver Wing for 2006 :wtf ?!?! Give me a race Replica with factory worked Showa suspension, front mount radiators, and radial brakes, and maybe even get wild and give a weight saving titanium exhaust ... oh wait! That would be a Kawasaki, a Suzuki or a Yamaha... and for some reason, they are more affordable.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
there is no strategy, they are clueless. The new 1000rr has ooddles of little changes(i am sure that was cheap) like more hp, improved head design, longer swingarm. I somehow doubt that Honda could not have given a similar dealeo to the RC in say 2004 for the big Nicky edition(duh). They could have done some little things like bump the motor 5hp and change the body work or something no problem. I paid $10,000 for my 2001 and that is IMO what they are still worth. Is is a dissapointment that they ran a bike since 2002 that has not had one single change other that paint, failure. This whole they tooled up and spent bundles now they have to get back their money concept is damn near rediculus IMO. Let me get this right then, they build the 2000-2001 for a huge loss, they sell the same damn bike for the next 5 years with the price going up for a coming down the final stretch win? get real! i bought my 2004 CBR1000rr brand new for $9200 OTD how did they not lose money there? OH cause they are to get their money back over the next few years except they have now chnaged the bike in two years.

in bike years, two maybe three is the tops for the technology and sales needs after that it is a (file) old bike. I would have thought the RC was cheap to build as it has less parts in the motor ETC?

·
The Dude abides.
500 Posts
Try being a dealer and going to the show in Vegas when your rep told you it would be incredible. And then try explaining this stuff to your customers. That's what I've been doing for two days. Incedentaly, the RC51 is the same price as last year(2005). Who's gonna pay that price? I don't know, but, we're down to two left for the year after selling 14 so far.......... Next years allocation? 1.

Ummmmm where's the spell check?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Well I'm still going to keep making mods to my old 02' RC.
Eventually there will be a new line up. Kawasaki just recently go their act together but that took a merge with Suzuki and Kawasaki heavy Ind. motorcycle division, so these things take time and money.
With the 800cc rule soon to go in effect in MotoGp its possible they've decided to go back to the drawing board and finaly make the V3 4/2 stroke hybrid I've been hearing about since 02'. Its possible that then they could use the V5 for their future RC? Never mind that though.
One thing I'm certain of Honda is a company that does what they feel is best for the company.:twocents

1 - 13 of 13 Posts