Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last month I get an invite from Cadillac to try out the CTS-V at Rd Atl.

"whats that?" I said. "you want me to drive your 556hp, $70,000 car at a racetrack that I have extensive experience at? Well, OK."

Needless to say it was more of a marketing seminar with a few test laps thrown in, but I still had a good time, and they were nice enough to provide an onboard vid:

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
so tell the truth, it looks loike a pig with a decent motor, but between gas off and gas on , some serious lag?...

still cool as hell to get to bash around in someone else's ride... :D

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I like this car, that "pig" still goes round the Nürburgring faster than the E63 and the M5. It is a tad slower than the unreleased 2012 M5 though, that one was 3 seconds faster than the 2009 CTS-v...so still holds its ground agains the BRAND NEW M5 ;)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Cuttin' some good apexes there Dezmo, Road Atlanta is such a great track too.

I'm still jealous though. :/

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
so tell the truth, it looks loike a pig with a decent motor, but between gas off and gas on , some serious lag?...

still cool as hell to get to bash around in someone else's ride... :D
You can't have immediate throttle reaction? All those midlife crisis owners will soil their depends.:eek:

·
Registered
460 Posts
(...the dude abides)

Mr.Dez, your navigator was a bit nervous there...
notice how his hands were all fidgity during the ride, then at the end he yawned.

Were there just 3 of yall on the track?
(and so, you lapped those guys in that short time) NICE!!:clapper

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have to ask...

He said don't shut the car off and right at the end, it appears you did...

Yes / NO?

Looked like a lot of fun... too bad you had some elderly on the track with you! :D

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
(Were there just 3 of yall on the track?
There were 5 cars on the track, I was in the 3rd car, So I passed both in front of me and was just catching #5 at the end of my run.

Superhawk: I reached for the key purely out of habit, but the instructor stopped me in time.

not to brag, but I think with no cones and no instructor telling me to brake early, I could have gone a lot faster. Ive seen 155mph indicated in T9 on my GSXR, I know the big caddy could prob carry 160+ thru there if you got the perfect drive off T7. The magnetic fluid suspension is pretty neat stuff, notice how flat it cornered for a 4200lb beast (granted the suspension was in sport mode)

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Cool vid, thanks for sharing. The motor sounded sweet as hell for a stock car, I could only imagine how awesome that car can get with some minor changes. I've been a fan of this latest design too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.