Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Supermanx is sweet. It was in Cycle World and they also did an article on the Ecosse Heretic. Couple of different machines fo Sho.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Cafe Racer love (dj_wawa)

My own project. Still waitin for a seat cover to be made.

A kawi 750 triple cafe racer I also own. (Yeah, I know it says KH500 on the sidecover, but it has a '74 H2 motor shoehorned in.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Cafe Racer love (D-Day)

Nice Kaw D-Day. Bet it sounds great with those pipes.
(But I'd paint it green
)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Cafe Racer love (2 Strokes Forever)

Actually, the bodywork is off of my '76 KH 500. The tins that came with the bike were painted flat black, and I am in the process of painting them Kawi Green.

It sounds great with the Factory Pipes, but they are loud as hell. People complain. People I ride with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Cafe Racer love (Rickster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rickster »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Another Acme Rocket Bike creation, based on an R1:

http://www.acmerocketbike.com/...3.jpg</TD></TR></TABLE>

ooooh my good

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Cafe Racer love (D-Day)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D-Day »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually, the bodywork is off of my '76 KH 500. The tins that came with the bike were painted flat black, and I am in the process of painting them Kawi Green.

It sounds great with the Factory Pipes, but they are loud as hell. People complain. People I ride with.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Get new friends
Personally I'd add some extra premix before riding with them then take a poll to see what bothered them more, the sound or the stink.

A buddy of mine had race pipes on his RZ350. Idling down the street it sounded like you were making popcorn.

Post a pic after it's painted please!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Cafe Racer love (2 Strokes Forever)

This is how it's going to look when i finish theis project SV650

Right now working on installing the Monster seat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Cafe Racer love (Giannis)

That is a cool SV Giannis, Cafe Racers are my favorite kind of bike, new or old.
Make sure to put the low bars on it to make it look bad. If any of you are close enough, I would like to invite you to our show in September. Let see some more pic's. I have a buch on my web site.

Maggie
http://www.vonblonde.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Cafe Racer love (maggie)

im going to use a GSXR fornt end with Vortex Clip Ons

here is a Caferaced i did in the past

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is it a Cafe racer or a streetfighter? Whats the difference? Great Pics of the Cats todd. Bsess its from Japan and I have seen it before. I laughed then as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (TBONE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TBONE »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it a Cafe racer or a streetfighter? Whats the difference? Great Pics of the Cats todd. Bsess its from Japan and I have seen it before. I laughed then as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

IMO a street fighter takes a sport bike modifies to be closer to a standard
a cafe racer takes a standard and modifies to be a sport bike
*albeit - sport bike of 30+ yrs ago

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (MATTinMN)

Just to add to what Matt said, streetfighters usually have bars more like a dirt bike and cafe racers have clip-on bars that are pretty low.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts