Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a set used for $600. now is there anything specific i gotta watch for? of course the usual, scratches dents, etc.

what about exhaust gaskets, are they necessary with the Mori's and should i get a new one (either honda part or mori part? i forget which side is male/female)

thanks in advance

oh yeah, and where can i get a map for PCIIIR? i've searched here and on RC51.org and can't seem to find one...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: buyin Mori high mounts used. anything to watch out for? (jl)

hhmmm....ask the seller how long he/she has had them for and how many miles there are on the pipes....if there is over 10k it might be time to repack the pipes and that will give u room to lower the price.

besides that i would ask to hear them on the bike to see if you can hear things rattle

hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sp2pilot has a good map. These are very underrated exhausts. You will need new honda gaskets that go between the stock headers and the slipons. If the If the packing is bad they still wont be as loud as the satos. These pipes are nice and quiet when you need them to be, and sound great when you open the throttle. Arent a new pair just a few hundred more? New is new and vomes with new gaskets, but may be a wait to get. Contact BVH if you want new.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh and make sure they are for the right bike. The ones built for the sp1 have a limited edition plaque on the left pipe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (balancedue)

You can get 00-01 slip on's still and they don't come with number plates...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure you get ALL of the hardware. You'll need:

Two brackets
4 bracket bolts
4 straps with rubber liners
4 strap bolts with nuts
4 springs
2 midpipes
2 cans

See if you can get the original directions too, because they are a major PITA to install and without the directions you're screwed. Let me know if you can't get'em and i'll hook you up.

As stated, these pipes are highly underrated. They are about as bling as you can get, sound awesome but not too loud, make great power and did i mention how good they look?!

I also have a good map if you need it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow thanks for all the responses. wut a great community here haha

i'll take all this into account when i check them out later today.

also, has anyone tried fitting passenger pegs to these pipes w/ an adapter/extension thingy? I'm planning on fabricating something to do that.. looked at a friends pipe and i dont think it should be too difficult. i'll post pix of the results once its done

thanks again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (jl)

For rear pegs, just switch the left and right OEM rear peg mounts from one side to the other, like pictured above.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha no sh*t that simple? just switch the pegs huh... well, that would save me a helluva lotta trouble. nice.

ok, i've got a new question about the band flanges which tighten the exhaust at the joints, but im gonna post that in the tech part cuz its a technical question.

thanks again all! peace

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Sbk_Drew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sbk_Drew »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For rear pegs, just switch the left and right OEM rear peg mounts from one side to the other, like pictured above.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

genius!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Walking home)

switching the pegs may work but puts them uneven and will melt the passengers shoe to the pipe. My GF says that she felt like she was going to fly off because of the possition of the pegs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (SFlaMedic)

I didn't say it was safe for the passenger, just mechanically possible.

Not sure it would work with the Banzais though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts