1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Be wonderful if he went; he wanted to work with Ducati for a long time. He also loves Italian women. :)

I think he might be a Head Honcho Type Mechanic at Yamaha for a year shadowing Tom to help Ben along.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
He's going to Ducati, Vale aint gonna want to compete against him, and he needs his experience to make the Duc a winner...

And don't think for one moment that Ducati won't throw enough money at the situation to get it done, they will pull out all the stops for this deal, they have no choice...

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Any idea where all this money is coming from? Hell, if they lose Marlboro as has been rumored, they really don't have deep pockets to keep throwing money around. They'll have to shutter their WSBK efforts to fund Burgess!:woot:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Anyone know how much Burgess would make ? I don't think a race engineer of even his caliber is all that expensive in the grand scheme , no ?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Any idea where all this money is coming from? Hell, if they lose Marlboro as has been rumored, they really don't have deep pockets to keep throwing money around. They'll have to shutter their WSBK efforts to fund Burgess!:woot:
Ducati have already lost Livio Suppo team manager of their MotoGP effort after an 11 year association. The man responsible (amongst other things) for the kind of sponsorship deals that enabled Ducati to be the only team on the grid that didn't need to use factory money. HRC was very, very smart to bring him on board at the end of last year and ever since their little ducks have been getting in a line. Their pockets are now apparently deep enough to afford Stoner, Pedrosa and possibly Dovizioso as well even if they're not all actually in the same garage. In the short term I reckon the hysteria that's gonna be created by that particular Italian on that iconic Italian motorcycle should be enough to stuff Ducati's war chest.

·
12,576 Posts
Ducati have already lost Livio Suppo team manager of their MotoGP effort after an 11 year association. The man responsible (amongst other things) for the kind of sponsorship deals that enabled Ducati to be the only team on the grid that didn't need to use factory money. HRC was very, very smart to bring him on board at the end of last year and ever since their little ducks have been getting in a line. Their pockets are now apparently deep enough to afford Stoner, Pedrosa and possibly Dovizioso as well even if they're not all actually in the same garage.
Which brings up the point that Marlboro wanted to walk away from Ducati because Stoner wasn't doing an PR work for the team and getting them any exposure. Now factor in that Rossi is the hypocritical "I hate tobacco and alcohol" guy. He's gone on the record saying that but then takes all their sponsorship money (i.e. Nastro, Gauloises, Camel, and now Marlboro). Will he be out there sporting Marlboro apparel every chance he gets? And if he doesn't, will Marlboro finally throw in the towel and put that money behind F1, where they get more bang for their buck exposure-wise?:confused:

·
Registered
649 Posts
I really hope Burgess is going with Vale cuz with out him, Rossi chances of winning again will be different without Burgess.

·
12,576 Posts
I really hope Burgess is going with Vale cuz with out him, Rossi chances of winning again will be different without Burgess.
Although it will be interesting to see who needed who more. What if they parted ways and Burgess went to Spies. Then Spies won and everyone would say Rossi only won cuz of Burgess?:woot: Or Burgess goes to HRC and spins for Stoner who wins again? Meh, they'll stay together and we won't have anything to talk about.:eek:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Although it will be interesting to see who needed who more. What if they parted ways and Burgess went to Spies. Then Spies won and everyone would say Rossi only won cuz of Burgess?:woot: Or Burgess goes to HRC and spins for Stoner who wins again? Meh, they'll stay together and we won't have anything to talk about.:eek:
:clapper Jami you alway had this wicked spin on Rossi stuff. However like you said with or without Burgess it'll be something to watch.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yeah, I hope so too just 'cos I'm a sentimental old coot and I like seeing them work together. Rossi once said the mix of Italians and Australians in his team was a great balance and he was probably right. Whatever it is the relationship has certainly been a big part of his success.

Probably as Ducati said the choice will ultimately be Rossi's but what I find curious is Burgess' reference to a 6 year commitment?

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
If Burgess was needed at Ducati... Rossi would have made the necessary
arrangements with the Ducati boss before he announced his move...
Burgess is not needed because the speedy red V4 is already a winner...
it's not like when Rossi needed Burgess and hos years of Honda know
how to transform the Yamaha M1 from "a poor middle-grid position
MotoGP bike, derided by most of the riders and the MotoGP workers"
into maybe the best bike on the grid... Honda needs Burgess and
Jeremy wants to work with Casey...

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
why would jerry want to work with crasher?

jerry is not broke and has to point to prove at this point.

taking a chance and going to stoner could backfire and leave the end of his run with a thing like this next to it*

retireing or going with rossi will end him the way he deserves IMO

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
JB may simply retire. He wanted to retire before Rossi pursuaded him to stay with him and move to Yamaha from Honda.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
why would jerry want to work with crasher?

jerry is not broke and has to point to prove at this point.

taking a chance and going to stoner could backfire and leave the end of his run with a thing like this next to it*

retireing or going with rossi will end him the way he deserves IMO
I haven't been around much and I come back to this gibberish please mrgrn invest in english lessons.
WTF are you talking about.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I've been busy working trying to earn money.
I started racing motocross along with my three sons a few months ago and it's not cheap and I'm too old.

I have been missing you guys though.:rolleyes::D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts