Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: BST Carbon Fiber Wheels for your KTM (Dave)

i'll go for the $3000 savings and buy the Marchensini wheels instead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: BST Carbon Fiber Wheels for your KTM (cb186)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cb186 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'll go for the $3000 savings and buy the Marchensini wheels instead.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man, you are such a cheap bastard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I think I might put mine on order now so I get them for next spring.

Dan V.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When (Not If) I get my SM I will stick with the Spoke wheels so I can jump curbs and not worry about a rim shattering. (They are pretty though.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Man, you are such a cheap bastard.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: BST Carbon Fiber Wheels for your KTM (backdrifter)

Marchensini has a model o spoke wheels with carbon rims available only for ducati monsters.. they looks very tricky..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: BST Carbon Fiber Wheels for your KTM (backdrifter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by backdrifter »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
After seeing the photos at the end of that thread, I wouldn't be willing to risk it for that kind of money! They sure are purdy though...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You really don't want to go there....

There is a thread that is a billion posts long in the Ducati section discussing that very incident with the Ducati BST wheels.

I'd have absolutely no problem running those carbon wheels on my bike. If you want to buy them for me, I'll prove it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I had a carbon fibre fork on a mountainbike (amp for those who care). The fork legs broke. Moral: anything that is under repeated stress is not going to be made out of carbon fibre.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: BST Carbon Fiber Wheels for your KTM (Eric Landstrom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had a carbon fibre fork on a mountainbike (amp for those who care). The fork legs broke. Moral: anything that is under repeated stress is not going to be made out of carbon fibre. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Like airplane wings and F1 chassis?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: BST Carbon Fiber Wheels for your KTM (stk0308)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stk0308 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Like airplane wings and F1 chassis?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah. The same guys who design and build carbon fibre airplanes also designed and built the carbon fibre fork that snapped in half. Wear a parachute.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts