Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,
I just picked up a 2003 Suzuki TL-R which has Bridgestone 014 radials. I know little about Bridgestone, just wanted input as to how good this tire is as a track day tire.
thanks
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Bridgestone BT 014 radials (NYCSTRIPES)

I believe it is a middle of the road sport tire. Not super soft, but not a touring tire. Similar to a street compound 208 or Diablo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: ( (wolf44)

Yea well you can run some Cheng Shins without problems too if you are a slow enough rider...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea well you can run some Cheng Shins without problems too if you are a slow enough rider...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Speaking from experience?

Cheers,
D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I would be more concrened about that rotary rear damper out back than the tires.

The tires should be okay with proper PSI front and rear assuming they are not wore out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Bridgestone BT 014 radials (BALLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BALLS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would be more concrened about that rotary rear damper out back than the tires.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hell I forgot about that LOL

THrow it away, slap an Ohlins on it & maybe even a Ti spring too (just got another one today
)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea well you can run some Cheng Shins without problems too if you are a slow enough rider...</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Bridgestone BT 014 radials (LDH)

I have a Bitubo rear suspension kit for the TL-R. Plan on making the swap within the week.
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Nice looking bike!

2003 was the last year model, right? paint scheme looks real good but I like yellow so pay me no attention.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Bridgestone BT 014 radials (BALLS)

Correct, 2003 was the last TL-R year. I spent this afternoon putting in the M4 full system, PC2 and Ohlins steering damper, rear hugger, K&N Air Filter and tinted windscreen. Next up will be my Race Tech tuned forks and Bitubo rear suspension unit.

I am partial to yellow as well, my second yellow TL-R. My first was a 1999.

Modified by NYCSTRIPES at 4:16 PM 8/25/2005

Modified by NYCSTRIPES at 4:16 PM 8/25/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

The BT014's came stock on my 05 ZX6R ........... I used them to break the bike in a bit at VIR north.
I liked them better than the Dialo Corsas which are in the same street/trackday category ....... and according to the RRW tire test they placed better than the DC's.
I now run BT002's for racing but the BT014's seemed like a real nice tire for track day use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Bridgestone BT 014 radials (999Duc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999Duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The BT014's came stock on my 05 ZX6R ........... I used them to break the bike in a bit at VIR north.
I liked them better than the Dialo Corsas which are in the same street/trackday category ....... and according to the RRW tire test they placed better than the DC's.
I now run BT002's for racing but the BT014's seemed like a real nice tire for track day use.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good post!
Bridgestone will be giving Dunlop a run over the next few years, especially now that they're focusing on Club Racing.

Bridgestone To Discontinue Service At AMA Pro Road Races, Shift Focus To Club Racing
Aug 23, 2005

From a press release issued by Bridgestone:

Bridgestone Refocuses Road Racing Efforts

Nashville, Tenn. - Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire, LLC (BFNT) has announced that its motorcycle division will refocus its road racing efforts beginning in 2006. The company plans to redirect its resources toward amateur competition, stepping up its involvement with Championship Cup Series, Formula USA, WERA and other similar organizations.

“Our products work very well in amateur road racing,” said Bob Graham, motorcycle and kart product manager for BFNT. “This year we have seen an incredible demand for our products at the amateur level. As a result of this demand, supply was adversely affected. Therefore, we must refocus, and correct supply and inventory levels for 2006. In 2006 additionally, Bridgestone will discontinue service operations at the AMA Nationals, focusing on the amateur level programs. Bridgestone will maintain the current motorcycle race tire distribution system, which works extremely well. The off-road motorcycle racing programs will remain unchanged.”

The Nashville-based Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire, LLC, is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Americas Holding, Inc., whose parent company, Bridgestone Corporation, is the world’s largest tire and rubber company. BFNT develops, manufactures, and markets Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton and associate and private brand tires. The company is focused on wholesale and original equipment markets, supplying passenger, light truck, commercial vehicle, off-road, agricultural, motorcycle and other tires to its customers in North America.

http://roadracingworld.com/new...23771

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Bridgestone BT 014 radials (900CR)

On several of my sportbikes I have put Bridgestone BT 012 on the front & after wearing out a BT-010 on the rear I have gone to BT-014 on the rear of my Honda 929 & seems to be doing a good job. Will probably do the same to my other two sportbikes though both should be good till sometime next Spring.

I noted this morning I needed a sweat shirt over my T-shirt along with my heavy jacket, basically zipped up fully along with JR heavy trousers though on the way home I could discard the sweat shirt. Still all a sign that Autumn is comming & we are lucky to last till end of September here in this part of Cdn. So reason for why I feel the present tyres will be okay till sometime next year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Bridgestone BT 014 radials (900CR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 900CR »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">“This year we have seen an incredible demand for our products at the amateur level. As a result of this demand, supply was adversely affected. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I liked that quote the best.
Part of the reason they saw an increase in demand was because Dunlop dropped the ball and forgot to import tires for the GP bikes. Bridgestone was the only tire avaliable. So it was either run the Bridgestones or not race at all.
Not trying to knock Bridgestones, they make a decent tire.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts