Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good brake master to use for a sumo. I just bought a crf450r and am not happy with the OEM master. Would a radial master from a sport bike be to big? I'm thinking yes.

I need a new handle bar? I'm seeing a sorts of weird sizes. Can someone recommend a good one to me. I personally like Renthal, but all the sizes are named after riders?

·
-_-
2,284 Posts
Magura 195 with 16mm piston or stock Ducati Brembo PSC 16 brake pump.

If you´re using hand guards, the Brembo lever will be too long. Chop it off or buy an ASV lever.

Handle bar, either 22mm or 28.6mm. ZAP, Renthal, Magura are good choices. Many people like the Magura SX bar.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you are only going to SM it (never convert back to dirt), cut the chainguide off and just get a guard to protect the wheel/tire for the upper swingarm. It just makes noise and makes it harder to get your tire squeezed in there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As for MCs, I have run a Brembo radial and a Braking 16 system. I like the Braking better. I am only running trackdays with mine, no quick turning small course supermoto, it has less initial bite which is nice when late trail braking.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, this is going to be my street bike mostly. I got a Brembo on my Rc51. It's pretty bad ass IMO.

Were did you get your chain guide? As in the part keeping the chain from hitting your tire.

I'm actually hoping the crf will lead to some track time as I can't afford ss track time at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts