Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a thumb brake installed on my sp2 and im routing the line to the rear caliper. Right now I have it running down the inside of the frame (on the right of the engine). The line has to squeeze between the frame and the rear cylinder before heading out over the swing arm. The line touches both the frame and rear cylinder when it squeezes to the rear.

THis might be a dumb question... but will that rear cylinder heat up the line too much? cooking the fluid or even worse.... making it expand and locking up the rear? I can really find a better way to have the line ran though the bike.

Is there a small heat shield i could use to just cover the line in that area? will it be effective enough? Ill get off my butt and go take a couple pics.

·
Registered
545 Posts
would suggest re-routing it. the further away from the cylinder the better. the heat will make you're brake mush and they're not very effective to begin with.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Keep the brake line/master cilinder away from the heat, Aprillia rsv mille had the same probs with rear brake, boiling oil causing air bubbles in the brake line...

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its hard to see in this photo but you can see the brake line between the cylinder and the frame. Theres really no other way to route it... maybe the top of the cylinder?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts