Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
and just thinnk hoe often each one of us replaces our fork oil/services our suspension..... scary realy:twocents

and how often each of use applies the brakes and works the suspension like those guys.

and if they're running sbk forks they don't have dust seals either

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
I found it interesting how the Ohlin fork came apart. I have never worked on a ohlins. Do they all come apart that easy? the bushings are installed into the upper/Outer tubes and none on the lower/inner tubes.

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found it interesting how the Ohlin fork came apart. I have never worked on a ohlins. Do they all come apart that easy? the bushings are installed into the upper/Outer tubes and none on the lower/inner tubes.
I thought the same thing! I have Ohlins, but they're on an 03 999R-prolly not the same. But I plan on taking them apart this winter--(if it's THAT easy)--even looking into making up that sweet floor mounted vise.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
That was amazing, the best video Ive ever seen on suspension!

Im going to start doing my own now after seeing that, good thing pops just sent me a vice!

Stunna

·
Registered
129 Posts
Be ready for the stench if there's a lot of time or miles on the fork oil.

First fork oil change I ever did (30 years ago) was on a fork with 10 years/20,000 miles on it.

I almost heaved my cookies.:wtf

Smelled worse than a 3 day old gut pile......:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts