Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys -

i know there quite a few midwest (iowa/missouri/kansas/minnesota/nebraska/wisconsin) riders on this site, so i thought i'd post some information about an upcoming TrackAddix track day at Brainerd in case you didn't see this on any other boards.

i've done a few TrackAddix days in the past and they run a pretty good program. anyway - if you are interested, the details are below . . .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.kcsbforums.com/foru...10061 (original post)

Hey Gang,

We are really hoping to pull off this next Brainerd event on Monday, August 22nd following the CRA race weekend. We had to cancel our July event there due to lack of sign ups.

At $145 each, it takes 45 riders just for us to break even on track rental, insurance, corner workers, and ambulance. Right now we have 28 riders pre-registered for this event.

If you are thinking of going, get signed up NOW! We will NOT charge your credit card until we are sure we have enough riders to hold the event!

Let me say that again! We are NOT going to charge your credit card until we are sure we are holding the event. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE AND WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH A REFUND HASSLE IF WE CANCEL THE DAY!

ATTENTION NEBRASKA, IOWA, AND KANSAS RIDERS!
Many people from Minnisota travel a great distance to experience "your" tracks, but have you ever thought of traveling to experience "thier" famous track in Brainerd?

TRACK DAY FORMAT
We will be operating a 2 session format with a slow/medium group and a medium/fast group alternating 30 minute sessions. Previous track experience is required to ride in these groups.

TRACK ORIENTATION SCHOOL
No track experience? No problem! We will be operating our Track Orientation School to get you qualified.

"TRY THE TRACK"
Not sure if you want to attend a school or begin riding at track days? Our "Try the Track" program will give you the opportunity to attend an actual track day and learn the advantages of bringing your bike to the track. Be careful though, you just might become a "Track Addict" like the rest of us!

As always, PLEASE check our website http://www.trackaddix.com for complete details before emailing or posting your questions. If your question is NOT answered after THOROUGHLY researching our website, then by all means please contact us with your questions.

Hope to see you there!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Brainerd Track Day - August 22nd. (5150)

I have been preregistered for a few months now.

It would be great to see some more riders show up. I have done a few days with Trackaddix already this year and in every case they have lost money on the event due to not-enough-riders. I would hate to see another trackday company fold, they are the only track organization holding days at BIR this year. If we don't find more interested riders we aren't going to get any more trackdays at BIR.

Sign-up folks! the TA folks are very nice and I have never felt crowded at one of their events. They will be running a 2 group format at BIR (due to extreme closing speeds and skill levels at this hi-speed track).
Hoov.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Brainerd Track Day - August 22nd. (Hoovenater)

Hoov,
I'm pre-registered to do the new track riders school...iv'e talked to dean (owner of TA) on the phone several times and i'm just pumped to finally get on the track...damn I really hope enough people sign up for this...any good tips for my first track outing?
Eric
01RC51
p.s. aren't there more MN & WI guys who post on here who might be interested in this???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoovenater »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would hate to see another trackday company fold:( </TD></TR></TABLE>

i hear ya. that's why i posted it. unless you're racing, 'open' track days are hard to come by. dean runs a great track day and it's well worth your money. i'm not affiliated with him in any way . . . just wanted to get the word out as much as possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Brainerd Track Day - August 22nd. (emakadoshus)

Hi Eric,
Sure I have advice.

Most importantly;
-Drink plenty of fluids the day before and the day of riding.
-Pay attention in class, you are going to learn some real important information. Flags (and what to do when they occur), track entrance, and track exit procedures
are soooooo friggin important!!
- Set your tire pressures in the morning while they are cold. (What tires are you
running?, we can make suggestions).
- Don't use your rear brake on the track, you have enough to deal with right now (If you end up off-track somehow, THAT's when it is important to have) :)
- Ride at your own pace, go faster when you feel comfortable. "Winning" at a trackday means your bike is in one piece and you have a perma-grin on your face.

- Don't be afraid to ask questions. Track people are good people, we are all willing to help.
- Smile. If you aren't having fun you are doing something wrong, ask more advice.

I am sure I will be pitted under a wooden over-head structure just past the 4 steel barns. I'm easy to spot, it's orange and # 200. You will be busy with class and riding but if you get a chance in the morning come and find me, definitely at lunch.
Feel free to E-mail me if you have specific questions or anything.
Hoov.
CRA # 200.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Brainerd Track Day - August 22nd. (wingnutt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wingnutt »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hoov,why are my hands sweaty??
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quit staring at the cute 18 year old, blonde intern that measures 36-24-36!!!!!

Wish I could do the track day, but my hand is still partially paralized, so I am staying off the track this year yet. There's always next year. And CRA . . .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Brainerd Track Day - August 22nd. (waterboy420)

I am one mouse click away (Hey,who told you about the intern?)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

You,my freind are a baaaad man this is going to keep me up at night just like a kid waiting for santa clause
and as for the rest of you just click the damn mouse

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Brainerd Track Day - August 22nd. (wingnutt)

Sweaty Palms.

I don't think that stops. All I have to do is start running a track mentally, my heartbeat picks up and my palms are sweating. I have been on ten racetracks so far (3 AMA), I can lay in bed at night and run laps in my head.

I can do that, but I can't remember names, faces, dates, or what the hell I did at work on Monday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Get off the fence folks, we need a few more sign-ups or they will cancell.
The cut-off decision date will be on Monday some time.
Thanks, Hoov.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Here is the latest from trackaddix, we just need a few more people to sign up now; __________________________________________________________________
Hey Gang,

It's look'in good gang! I think we just might pull this one off! We are very,
very, very close to having enough riders to hold our August 22nd, event at
Brainerd!!! We just need a few more sign ups! Remember, today is the last day
for the early registration price. Sign up NOW and save yourself some dough!

We also have plenty of spots available in our Track Orientation School. No
track time, no problem. Take the school and get qualified!

NO MORE EXCUSES!
Have you got some buddies you have been trying to convince to start doing track
days? With our "Track the Track" program they have NO MORE ECUSES!
$25 bucks
and minimal safety gear required.

As always, please thoroughly review our website for complete details!
--------------------------------------
Keep it on 2 wheels and a puck!
TrackAddix Racing, Track Days, and School of Speed
http://www.TrackAddix.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanx Hoov...i'm currently running bridgestone bt-012ss on the RC...whats your recomendation for cold tire pressure? also have you heard yet if enough people have signed up to make this happen?
Eric
01RC51

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Brainerd Track Day - August 22nd. (emakadoshus)

I haven't heard anything for trackaddix and my card was charged months ago. Try checking your CC account to see if you were charged.

I have never run Bridgestones, I'll start a new thread to see if we get good answers.

Hoov.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

All right!
The trackday is a "GO"!

There is still time to sign up, even at pre-reg prices.
I'll see some of you guys up there, Hoov.

Thanks to the support many of you have given us, we now have enough riders to
hold our event at Brainerd this coming Monday on August 22nd! All of us here
at TrackAddix would like to express our sincere appreciation for your efforts.
We really enjoy the Brainerd track and want to continue holding many more
events
there. It is your efforts that will make that possible. THANK YOU!!!

EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED!
-------------------------------------
In an effort to attract a few more riders, we are extending our early
registration deadline until Thursday, August 18th. After that the price WILL
increase.

We will have the following services available at this event -

SCHOOLS
-------
Track Orientation School - for new track riders.
"Try the Track" - for those wanting to "sample" a track
day.
Advanced Riders' School - personal instruction catered to you.

SERVICES
--------
Michelin Tire Support provided by Mason Racin Tires
Dyno Services provided by Hitman Motorsports
Photography Services provided by Momentum Photography

As always, please visit our website for complete details! http://www.trackaddix.com

--------------------------------------
Keep it on 2 wheels and a puck!
TrackAddix Racing, Track Days, and School of Speed
http://www.TrackAddix.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Hoovenater)

Bump
The ohlins set-up will get dialed sunday night
you are a veeeery baaad man

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Manjo27)

I shure as heck know the travel was not traveling the rebond was not rebounding and Tom is THE MAN he is so friggin busy squeezing me in was huge. Now I am at a point where after I install my rear and he & Mark help me set up sunday night any mistakes cannot be blamed on the bike..god he got the motor perfect 4100 miles on this year to git rid of the kidney buster (can't wait)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts